Highlights: Rd1 Tigers V Pride

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Highlights are from the Queensland Rugby League Website. As well as a Match Gallery below.
http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2015/03/09/g ... ers_v.html

Intrust Super Cup video highlights: Round 1 - Easts Tigers V Northern Pride at Tapout Energy Stadium, Coorparoo. March 8, 2015.
http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2015/03/09/h ... tiger.html
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

love it
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Easts Tigers v Northern Pride match is being replayed on Fox Sports 1 at 2pm and at 10:30pm today.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just watched the Tigers v Pride match here are my thoughts (on current and former Storm players plus Tommy Butterfield who played in the trial):

Cameron Munster: Very good, made some good runs from dummy half, seemed to handle all types of kicks thrown his way at fullback and made a number of tackle breaks. Also involved in two tries - one where he made a line break and put in a kick for Tommy Butterfield to score and one where he threw the final pass to Donald Malone for Malone to score on the wing. Laid two good one on one tackles at the back. Was injured in last tackle not sure how seriously. Has anyone heard an update in relation to the injury?

Mahe Fonua: Made a number of very good runs making significant metres. Didn't make any errors in the first sixty minutes but made two handling errors in the last 20. Wasn't really tested in defence. Barged over for a try in the first half.

Richie Kennar: Not much involvement.

Shaun Nona: Got just about all the tricks. Had a very strong kicking game including a 40 - 20. Did make one mistake where he didn't find touch from a penalty but the Pride winger knocked on when he tried to catch the kick. Also passed at the line well including to set up Shane Neumann for his try and to give Munster the chance to set Malone up. Laid two or three good tackles in our defensive ten.

Christian Welch: Very good game. Heavily involved in both attack and defence. Constantly putting his hand up and making yards. In first set of the game he had two carries and in one defensive set in second half he laid three tackles. Has leadership written all over him. Possible future Storm captain.

Francis Tualau: Also was very good. Constantly bent the Pride defensive line and was solid in defense. Continues to improve every time I see him.

Darren Britt: Played well too. Made a number of good runs and has a step at the line which resulted in quick play the balls on a number of occasions including the one that led to Fonua's try. Solid in defence other than one occasion where Tia Kilifi busted through an attempted tackle from Britt and Romelo.

Joel Romelo: Involved in lots of things but mainly bad things on this occasion. Got sin binned twice, once for throwing a punch and once for laying a tackle inside defensive 10 when he was clearly offside. Got penalised at least 4 times including one for shoulder charge, one for laying on tackle too long and the one where he got sin binned for the second time. Had one kick go out on the full. Threw a great pass to set Munster on his way for line break before Butterfield's try.

Tommy Butterfield: Heavily involved in both attack and defence. 40 plus tackles. Scored try from Munster's kick doing well not to knock bouncing ball on. Almost scored another try following a customary scoot from dummy half. Penalised two or three times.

There were also two ex-Storm players play for the Pride - Semi Tadulala and Sheldon Powe-Hobbs. Tadulala had a day he would rather forget with a number of errors. Powe-Hobbs has improved considerably since his time at the Storm constantly made dents in the Tigers' defensive line and threw a couple of magnificent passes at the line.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cams fine I think
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

I watched this yesterday , very impressed with Nona and Munster . As soon as Green slips in form Nona will be his replacement I think . Im just not sure how him and Cooper would go together ?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm now not sure about Cam...I just saw on FB he said he was having an MRI and he isn't in Melbourne although I'm assuming that might be because his grand father passed away and he was with family at least I'm hoping that true

Fingers crossed he isn't hurt too much
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:28 pm I just watched the Tigers v Pride match here are my thoughts (on current and former Storm players plus Tommy Butterfield who played in the trial):

Cameron Munster: Very good, made some good runs from dummy half, seemed to handle all types of kicks thrown his way at fullback and made a number of tackle breaks. Also involved in two tries - one where he made a line break and put in a kick for Tommy Butterfield to score and one where he threw the final pass to Donald Malone for Malone to score on the wing. Laid two good one on one tackles at the back. Was injured in last tackle not sure how seriously. Has anyone heard an update in relation to the injury?

Mahe Fonua: Made a number of very good runs making significant metres. Didn't make any errors in the first sixty minutes but made two handling errors in the last 20. Wasn't really tested in defence. Barged over for a try in the first half.

Richie Kennar: Not much involvement.

Shaun Nona: Got just about all the tricks. Had a very strong kicking game including a 40 - 20. Did make one mistake where he didn't find touch from a penalty but the Pride winger knocked on when he tried to catch the kick. Also passed at the line well including to set up Shane Neumann for his try and to give Munster the chance to set Malone up. Laid two or three good tackles in our defensive ten.

Christian Welch: Very good game. Heavily involved in both attack and defence. Constantly putting his hand up and making yards. In first set of the game he had two carries and in one defensive set in second half he laid three tackles. Has leadership written all over him. Possible future Storm captain.

Francis Tualau: Also was very good. Constantly bent the Pride defensive line and was solid in defense. Continues to improve every time I see him.

Darren Britt: Played well too. Made a number of good runs and has a step at the line which resulted in quick play the balls on a number of occasions including the one that led to Fonua's try. Solid in defence other than one occasion where Tia Kilifi busted through an attempted tackle from Britt and Romelo.

Joel Romelo: Involved in lots of things but mainly bad things on this occasion. Got sin binned twice, once for throwing a punch and once for laying a tackle inside defensive 10 when he was clearly offside. Got penalised at least 4 times including one for shoulder charge, one for laying on tackle too long and the one where he got sin binned for the second time. Had one kick go out on the full. Threw a great pass to set Munster on his way for line break before Butterfield's try.

Tommy Butterfield: Heavily involved in both attack and defence. 40 plus tackles. Scored try from Munster's kick doing well not to knock bouncing ball on. Almost scored another try following a customary scoot from dummy half. Penalised two or three times.

There were also two ex-Storm players play for the Pride - Semi Tadulala and Sheldon Powe-Hobbs. Tadulala had a day he would rather forget with a number of errors. Powe-Hobbs has improved considerably since his time at the Storm constantly made dents in the Tigers' defensive line and threw a couple of magnificent passes at the line.
My post from March 2015, about Welch having leadership written all over him and a possible future Storm captain.