Round 1 vs Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kaufusi 2.0 doing right by bringing aggression that we missed last year but its gotta be controlled son! I honestly thought Benji's leg was snapped in 2.

Shades of storm of old coming through so far I am very pleased

edit: SHIT billy still got it in spades! Havent screamed at my tv like that for a long time
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very happy with our defence in the first half. Need to improve our discipline - too many penalties. Although some inconsistency, Green puts his hand on ball once and it is a penalty. Dragons did it more than once.

Gaining lots of metres from our end. A little disjointed inside attacking 20.

First and last game for Kaufusi for a while. Will probably get 7 or 8 weeks. Lucky he wasn't sent off.
Monsoon
Monsoon

No help from the refs as usual, all there penaltys coming on the attack all ours 95 metres away from the tryline, our one attackong set that started in their 20 we scored off, Bromwich Slater and Finucane have been strong, Cam tackling himself to a standstill again. Should win this one
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Left attack non existent ATM. Don't know if it's good defense or shit attack right now.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Like the look of Kaufusi tbh. Bad attempt on Marshall but is good on his feet and aggro in defense.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote:Left attack non existent ATM. Don't know if it's good defense or shit attack right now.
I just think that we are doing a good job with cronk, slater, proctor, chambers, young combination so far against the new combo of naibuli and thompson(?) like check out how much space they left us on Young T's try, that was storm circa 2014 style.

I think defensively Green is a great addition on the left side - bar the penalties
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Probably bad attack. .. and no ball (less than 40% possession. ..) Green bombed an overlap towards the end of the half - that could have been anything. .. I'm thinking he saw it, and changed his mind a couple of times. .. should have just kept the ball moving.

Our D has been great though.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Finucane has looked the goods so far.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can we get rid of Mann already. Koroibete will never see ball Otherwise. Great defence by all.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:Can we get rid of Mann already. Koroibete will never see ball Otherwise. Great defence by all.
Someone said Mann had added some KG's since last year. Hell I've put on more than he has in that time

We need bigger bodies outside. Hes got the ticker but when push coms to shove we need size to do it
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There have been some pretty suspect calls....Bellamy will do well not to get fined, regardless of the result. Plenty of crowd penalties too - should be a cricket score at this stage from what I'm seeing. ..

MK5 definitely needs to see more ball... he's a beast!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Koroibete my new favourite player. What a beast.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

so many errors.
horrible game to watch.
dragons are very, very ordinary.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote:Koroibete my new favourite player. What a beast.
He's an absolute monster. He gained 219 metres with no errors.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Koroibete shades Finucane for MOTM, thought Green was pretty average in attack as was Mann, but both kept a clean sheet down that left channel which Bellamy will love. Great defensive effort, it was obvious it was the priority all game, it might not be pretty but id love to go back to the days of 10 points being enough for us to win!! Kaufusi will get afew weeks but Bromwich should be ok, Slater showed glimpses of vintage form, he is in for a big year no doubt.