New 2015 Jersey

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote:Anyone see the preseason pics? There's a link on the storm Facebook page. I noticed the new training singlets are a little less "busy" which is IMO good for those of us who wear them at gym or training ourselves. Although there is a fluro green/yellow which I'm not exactly sure if I like. I would post pics but I'm on my phone and far too lazy for that
Couldn't agree more about these being better to wear to the gym. Not sure if these singlets are just for their pre Christmas training though, like what has happened the last few years.

Is Programmed no longer a sponsor? They weren't on the 2015 jersey and now aren't on the new singlets.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I like the highlighter yellow trim on the training gear. It's training gear after all - why not? Not sure about the purple fading to black, though.

Not sure what's going on with Programmed. I know their existing sponsorship deal ended at the end of the 2014 season. They're still listed on the main website, the new membership site and at the bottom of e-mails from the club. I did notice that they're not listed on the last page of the new corporate brochure - so who knows? Lumo Energy seems to be missing from the shorts but they're also still listed as a sponsor - and they're doing that free jersey deal. They signed a three year deal with the club in May. Jayco popped up on the front of the shorts late in the season - what's the go with them?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

The nicest thing I can say about it is that it provides a clear, uncluttered platform for the sponsor's logos.

It's not a storm jersey, it's a navy blue and purple T-shirt with no connection to our historic strip.
It's like the. Broncos wearing aqua.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:The nicest thing I can say about it is that it provides a clear, uncluttered platform for the sponsor's logos.

It's not a storm jersey, it's a navy blue and purple T-shirt with no connection to our historic strip.
Wouldn't the navy and purple be the connection to our history ? I don't get the Broncos/aqua comparison either.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:
TC wrote:The nicest thing I can say about it is that it provides a clear, uncluttered platform for the sponsor's logos.

Wouldn't the navy and purple be the connection to our history ? I don't get the Broncos/aqua comparison either.
Some of the same colours, but there is nothing in the jersey design that links back to previous.

The Broncos aqua comment is about a mindless shift away from the traditional.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hopefully the away jersey is a different template... and gold! Bring back the gold away jersey full time seeing as we trot out the same old heritage jersey every year even when the gold jersey is an option!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.nrlshop.com/melbourne-storm- ... 9005.phtml

The Nines jersey....

ummmmm.... sleeveless?!?!?
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I like it tbh, think it is a good move. Realistically at some stage a team was going to go with a singlet, so I'm happy we were the first. The design is classy and the sponsor integration works well. Sure people will struggle with the fact that its a singlet but it is the Nines and I think it fits well with the concept.

My only issue is it is ridiculous for these to cost more than a jersey.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

When I saw a photo of it in the wild yesterday (supposedly a Rebel Sport store somewhere was selling it already) it was taken so close that I didn't know it was a sleeveless jumper. I saw that it used BLK's AFL collar but it still didn't click - figured it was one of those limited run jerseys BLK sometimes does without the proper templating. Was surprised to see a proper photo this morning. I quite like it. If you're going to go sleeveless, doing it for the Nines is a good time for it - especially since it's a summer event. I think the design is a little bottom heavy, though - they should have made it either all purple hoops or alternated the purple and silver. The Salvation Army logo is far too big. It's like there's a Crown Resorts logo underneath that they're trying to cover.

Regarding the price on the NRL Shop, I can't imagine that's correct - or at least what the club or BLK will charge. If they charge any more than a regular BLK AFL jersey ($110) I'd be very surprised. I'll definitely be adding one to the collection - will have to pop down to Rebel Sport during the week to try on a BLK AFL jumper to suss out sizing. Supposedly their AFL jumpers are a bit tight so keep that in mind if you're ordering one online.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

all im gonna say is HELLO MARIKAS ARMS

#FREETHEARMS LOL
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:When I saw a photo of it in the wild yesterday (supposedly a Rebel Sport store somewhere was selling it already) it was taken so close that I didn't know it was a sleeveless jumper. I saw that it used BLK's AFL collar but it still didn't click - figured it was one of those limited run jerseys BLK sometimes does without the proper templating. Was surprised to see a proper photo this morning. I quite like it. If you're going to go sleeveless, doing it for the Nines is a good time for it - especially since it's a summer event. I think the design is a little bottom heavy, though - they should have made it either all purple hoops or alternated the purple and silver.
Ditto... I had no idea it was sleeveless from that social media pic.

I also agree that it should have been purple/navy stripes all the way down. I think that would have looked classy. Matter of fact, I would like to see a home jersey like that one year. Basic but effective... The silver stripes make it look like a warehouse high-vis vest.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was at Rebel Sport this morning. Didn't see the Nines jumper but I saw the new BLK hoodie for 2015. It looks tacky. Bright purple with black and highlighter yellow trim. I have a purple KooGa hoodie from a few years back and that's fine - this new one looked so much brighter. The embroidery looked cheap as well - especially the Crown Resorts logo. I looked at several of them and the little dots that make up the crown were already picking away. They had some new season BLK Rebels gear as well - training t-shirts and polos. They looked much better in quality so maybe we'll have better luck with that stuff.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I noticed the number on the back of Chambers' jersey he had on for the photo shoot yesterday was yellow. I wonder if that will be a permanent thing or not.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:I noticed the number on the back of Chambers' jersey he had on for the photo shoot yesterday was yellow. I wonder if that will be a permanent thing or not.
I'd love that! Gotta say I like those jerseys. Nice and simple and yellow numbers would make it the first jersey since heritage 08 for me.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

BLK have updated their online store with our full 2015 range - including a white and purple striped away jersey (which I really like) and a heritage inspired alternate (which I think I like more than our new home and away combined).

There's also a training jersey similar to last year's Nines and a warm up shirt similar to the old purple away jersey.

http://www.blksport.com/pro-teams/melbourne-storm.htm