New 2015 Jersey

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote:
mystormboys wrote:If anyone is interested

http://www.change.org/p/melbourne-storm ... sey-design
LOL.
Thankyou
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There is overwhelming negative feedback on the Storms facebook page. Lots of people apparently infuriated by the removal of the lightning bolts. Same people were probably complaining at the launch of the previous jersey that those bolts were tacky...

I wonder if the shorts have been changed too. IMO the bolts look much better there than they usually do on the jersey.

Credit where its due, this is a much better effort in terms of releasing the jersey before Christmas than last year where the jersey/sponsorship was still up in the air weeks from the competition start.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:Credit where its due, this is a much better effort in terms of releasing the jersey before Christmas than last year where the jersey/sponsorship was still up in the air weeks from the competition start.
That's because they didn't waste any design time with this one! Ha ha! :lol:
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Needs the yellow around the collar like the heritage jersey. The yellow with blue and purple is our best jersey by a mile. Needs a V too.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

V's are overrated and overused anyway. ...... though it does kind of resemble a broncos jersey. .. not sure which one. ..
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The more I see it, the more I like it - and funnily enough, the more I see people complain about it, the more I like it. It's a nice change from what we've had in the past. Look at it this way - we'll either be celebrating 20 years in 2017 or 2018 (2017 for our 20th season or 2018 for 20 years - depending on how they want to do it). I'm betting the club will return to a more traditional jersey for that. The people will love it, the jerseys will fly off the racks and everyone will be happy.

At least it's not as bad as the 2013 jersey. That thing looked awful on every player. The purple was too dark, the lightning bolts were weirdly shaped and due to their placement looked worse on a skin-tight players' jersey. Yeah, they more or less fixed it for 2014 but it was still a bit of a mess. Look at the 2010-12 jersey. What lightning bolts? They were covered by the sponsor - wouldn't matter who the sponsor was, they would have been covered. What's the point in having them if they barely resemble lightning bolts? Having lightning bolts doesn't always equate to a good jersey.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wish they would've added some yellow to it.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Totally agree, needs more yellow if only just a little bit. There's a mock up on LU with a yellow strip around the neck which i think looks pretty good. As for the overall strip, while it's a bit sad we're getting away from our traditional look with the bolts/V i actually don't mind it and like it more than what i did when i first clapped eyes on it.

Either way it's good that the new owners have been very proactive getting it out nice and early and also the membership packages because as we all know, those areas have been seriously shit in regards how slow it's been in the past.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Either way it's good that the new owners have been very proactive getting it out nice and early and also the membership packages because as we all know, those areas have been seriously shit in regards how slow it's been in the past.
Credit where it is due, this is a vast improvement on recent seasons.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

Don't like this jersey one bit looks cheap, but it's not, still way too expensive for a lot of people!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jersey prices in League are ridiculous. $160 - $180 for a new jersey is obscene and many families cannot afford that. Get them under $100 without resorting to a sh*t quality product.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

BLK dropped their jersey prices for all clubs in 2014 to $129 - under $120 with members discount. Obviously still pricey but a little bit more reasonable. For 2015 they've put them up to $149. Why? Where does that extra $20 come from?

The NRL really needs to work with the clubs and manufacturers to get the price of jerseys down for all clubs. If they have to reduce their licensing fees to do it they absolutely should.

Perhaps there should be special jersey pricing for members. Non-members pay full price - members pay under $100. The NRL wants to boost membership numbers - something like that across the board would definitely help.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

absentee you are spot on about that.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone see the preseason pics? There's a link on the storm Facebook page. I noticed the new training singlets are a little less "busy" which is IMO good for those of us who wear them at gym or training ourselves. Although there is a fluro green/yellow which I'm not exactly sure if I like. I would post pics but I'm on my phone and far too lazy for that
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Never lets me post photos...ever

Here is the link

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... day_1.html