New 2015 Jersey

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didn't even realise lumo had gone, they had that whole 'sign with us get a jersey' promo going late last year but they aren't listed on the website anymore either.
Weird
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:And what do we know about the PSG deal? How long and how much coin?
We don't know anything about the PSC Insurance Brokers deal. Was never announced by the club.

The shorts sponsors seem like something a lower grade club would have. If the money's good that's fine but I don't think it's a good look - and not just because the logos themselves are ugly. Still don't know what happened with Lumo Energy. When they signed with the club it was supposed to be a lengthy partnership - they dropped and ran after a year.

The SpotJobs logo looks alright for a sponsor in that position.

I like the retail version of the jersey but after seeing it on the players I'm starting to cool on it. A combination of the new BLK template and it being skin tight makes it not work so well. Purple's not bright enough, either. I wonder how the away will look next week.

I noticed that the Thunderbolts were wearing a navy and purple version of the NRL side's away jersey. Looks good.
all advertising spots taken. No complaints from me.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I haven't seen the home under 20s jersey but I'm in love with the away jersey it's awesome
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:I haven't seen the home under 20s jersey but I'm in love with the away jersey it's awesome
The 20s jersey is the same as the white and purple away jersey but with navy in place of white. They also wear the purple away shorts and socks I believe.

The away jersey looked great on the field last night but I think next year they'll need to alter the back of the design with a cutout spot for the players' number. They were a little hard to read last night.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Is there a reason why the numbers on our jersey are not the official NRL numbers?
I don't mind our style of numbers as they are large and easy to read.

The NRL numbers seems a bit squashed, however they do have the NRL logo on the bottom of each digit
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

There are a few clubs not wearing the new NRL number font and fortunately we're one of them. I'm not opposed to a league-wide number font but the one most clubs are using now is pretty terrible.

I like our number font - and the club must too if they're choosing to keep using it. The numbers on the away jersey need reworking though.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

noticed the spot job logo was falling a few of the boys jerseys late in the game
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As much as I shit canned the new jersey I must say this is the first one I have bought in over 5 years and I love it now.

BLK make one hell of a good jersey
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

For the first time the club is selling a replica of the Thunderbolts jersey. Not sure how big the demand will be but it's a nice looking jersey so it's cool that it's at least an option.

Not on the official club shop yet but it's available on NRLShop and Fangear.

Also, Goodscore has continued its tradition of having listings for everything BLK is producing for retail (not all with pictures) so we know there's going to be Close the Gap and Women in League jerseys. Not really a surprise, I suppose. No listing for an Anzac Day jersey, however. Doesn't necessarily mean we won't have one but I'd rather we didn't - the ones worn by other clubs look tacky. A badge and/or embroidery is more than enough.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love our home jersey, but our under 20's one is even better. Wonder why we didn't just go with that for first grade as well ?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love it
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome jersey. Wish it was the first grade Storm jersey.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our home jersey with the badge that's been on the jersey on anzac day since 2009 is fine. Hopefully they sell that.

At the same time, the penrith anzac jersey looks bloody fantastic!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The 2015 Close the Gap jersey has popped up online.

Probably the best version of that jersey we've had.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like except for that gray line across the front...seems out of place