New 2015 Jersey

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Both of those look excellent. I am pleasantly surprised. Credit where it is due on these two.

Cannot wait to see both in the flesh (or at least the actual jerseys being worn in pics).

EDIT: The black and purple media polo and the black zip up hoodie also look amazing.

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I want that hoodie
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea, all those are excellent.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Great to see more purple on the away strip (including the shorts and socks).
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

absentee wrote:BLK have updated their online store with our full 2015 range - including a white and purple striped away jersey (which I really like) and a heritage inspired alternate (which I think I like more than our new home and away combined).
Interesting we will have a "3rd" jersey for next year. Is this due to the backlash from the original 2015 home jersey?
Wondering if there will be more jersey releases next year (WiL, Heritage, Battle, CtG or any movie tie-ins)?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I really wouldn't be surprised if the alternate jersey came about after all the negative feedback the club received for the new home jersey. BLK had this new one listed as an alternate jersey, not a heritage - and it's a little different to a heritage 1998 jersey, anyway. Whether it's actually used as a one-off heritage I don't know. I'm betting we see it more than once throughout the year - maybe a "special event" jersey against the Warriors, Sea Eagles, Broncos, etc. Then again, it has a heritage collar. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Photos of the actual away jersey came out today. It looks really nice - easily the best away jersey we've had.

I'd prefer it without the gradient on the stripes but I suppose it's subtle enough.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

And here's a real photo of the alternate.

http://www.blksport.com/pro-teams/melbo ... y?nav=9553

That shadowy carbon texture print seems to be BLK's favourite new thing - a lot of stuff they're putting out has that or something similar on it. It's fairly subtle but I'd prefer it to be even more subtle.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Both of those look excellent. I am pleasantly surprised. Credit where it is due on these two.

Cannot wait to see both in the flesh (or at least the actual jerseys being worn in pics).

EDIT: The black and purple media polo and the black zip up hoodie also look amazing.

Polo looks awesome! I'm not sold on any of our jerseys so might get one of them. Might get a hoodie too if it looks just as good in the flesh!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:And here's a real photo of the alternate.

http://www.blksport.com/pro-teams/melbo ... y?nav=9553

That shadowy carbon texture print seems to be BLK's favourite new thing - a lot of stuff they're putting out has that or something similar on it. It's fairly subtle but I'd prefer it to be even more subtle.
ffs! When will they do a yellow or Millennium jersey?!?!?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And the purple away shorts are back!

Yessssssssssss!!!!!!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Loving that away jersey. We've had some shockers over the years so it's nice to have a real cracker IMO. Really like the heritage jersey as well with the larger amount of yellow, it's a shame we have next to none besides our logo on the home jersey.

I also get the media polo every year so will definitely get that one because i think it looks great and while i also think the hoodie looks very good as well i'd still like to see in in the flesh first before considering a purchase.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think the away jersey looks fantastic. We have had some truly insipid away tops of the years.

This one reminds me of my Queens Park Rangers. I'm going to buy this one for sure.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ok, some after giving a glowing review on all merchandise i then just opened my members pack and i must say i'm very underwhelmed to say the least.

Upon opening it i saw the blue front of the cap and thought that looks ok but then had got a look at the back purple half and for me it looks pretty average. The purple just looks plain wrong and if you compare it to past caps the color match is nothing alike. I'm sure there are others who will disagree and like it but we've had much better caps and this is one that won't ever make it on my head.

Same deal with the scarf. Not so much the purple color which is completely different to the cap but just overall. I like wearing my scarf to the colder games and we've had some very good ones over the years but IMO this one is just shite. It's plain, dark and bland, what's wrong with adding some white to make it pop a bit like in all the years past?

Again that's another thing that i won't be wearing and it doesn't bother me at all not wearing the current years scarf as i always wear different scarfs to different games regardless of the year depending on the day which one i feel like wearing. I thought we were moving forward with membership packages from the last year or 2 but to me it's gone backwards. Not even a pen.....

Whinge over now bring on the new season.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I have to agree with you Ice.
Since 2010 I have completed every survey submitted to me by the club & NRL and included a request for a Member's Polo same as is available with the AFL club membership i also have.
2010 was the last decent member's cap. Good quality AND fully sponsored.
As a proud member I wear club polo shirts all the time. All you need is a Media polo for eg. with Member 2015 also embroidered. I'd pay for one each year no questions asked.
You don't have to make any of this compulsory, my wife doesn't wear hats so we get a cap each year that ends up in the cupboard. Make them good quality and people will take them.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah would love a members polo, especially if it were BLK designed. I also don't wear the cap too often but a nice one would still be good all the same, if it was i'd most certainly wear it more. I just think if you're paying almost $500 a season you should expect better quality than that, hell you should expect better over all pretty much all membership packages and price points.

Lets be realistic, they're mass produced in China and would cost them next to nothing per unit so that can't be used as excuse.