Storm players from feeder clubs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So the Bulldogs have signed another winger (Jarrod McInally) from right under our noses (Easts Tigers) for the second year in a row (Corey Thompson last year). This made me think about which players have progressed to our NRL squad from our feeder teams over the years (ie someone who was already at the feeder club prior to Storm signing them).

Norths Devils (1998 to 2007)
It is quite difficult given that it was a considerable time ago to remember which players were at Norths Devils prior to the Storm signing them. Some of them may have been signed on junior Storm contracts and sent to Norths prior to being signed to the NRL squad
Billy Slater had a trial at Norths, so if it wasn't for our association with the Devils he is unlikely to have played for the Storm. - 270 games
I think Steve Bell was at Norths prior to us signing him. - 107 games
Fifita Moala - 39 games
Kevin Carmichael - 3 games
Paul Sheedy - 2 games
Smith Samau - 1 game

I also found a publication on the Norths Devils website about a test in 2007 featuring ten Norths players (C. Smith, Folau, Inglis, DJ, Hoffy, Cronk, Crocker, J. Smith, Lima and Whatuira). The publication also states "Further to this whilst all were Melbourne Storm contracted, the greater majority were either North’s juniors or player’s originally developed by the Norths Devils, later being contracted by the Melbourne Storm, in fact only five were brought to the Norths Devils by the Melbourne Storm. So I am not sure who the five were that were originally developed by the Devils.

Happy for people with better memories and better records to make any additions / comments on our Norths Devils players.

North Sydney Bears (2005 & 2006)
Liam Foran - 3 games

Central Coast Storm (2008 & 2009)
Ryan Tandy - 16 games (Signed with Central Coast Storm prior to being upgraded to first grade squad. Also originally came from Kincumber on the Central Coast)
Sinbad Kali - 1 game

Melbourne Storm NSW Cup (2010)
Don't recall of anyone being promoted from NSW Cup side to first grade squad during or at end of the year. Although could be wrong. Vic players Fonua, Young T and Kennar came through Under 20s after this.

Cronulla (2011 - 2014)
Doesn't really count although we did sign Siosaia Vave from the Sharks NSW Cup team and he played 23 games with the Storm before returning to the Sharks.

Easts Tigers (2011 - 2014)
Joel Romelo - 2 games (Had originally signed with Easts Tigers for this year. He was doing pre-season training with the Storm due to his signing with the Tigers. Was only signed by Storm after doing a fair chunk of the pre-season)
Cody Walker - Unfortunately 0 games
Christian Welch - 0 games * (assuming he has been upgraded to Storm's NRL squad for next year)

So apart from Norths Devils (and I don't have full facts to back this up) our feeder clubs have not been overly fruitful. Having said that a number of them have been for a short period of time and we have developed a good relationship with Easts Tigers over the last four years, which will hopefully produce some more NRL players for the Storm and also allows Storm players who finish in NYC somewhere to further their careers if they are not promoted to Storm NRL squad. With our affiliation with the Sunshine Coast Falcons there should also be a large junior talent base to tap into there.