2015 lineup

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would be surprised if we saw Nona get a run next year. Lately we keep the exciting players locked away and let them break out elsewhere
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's cause Bellamy tell his players they have to be in the squad a year before the play which just stupid these day if they are good just give them a go
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:That's cause Bellamy tell his players they have to be in the squad a year before the play which just stupid these day if they are good just give them a go
Ya might find he is a little less dogmatic about that rule with only 2 years left to coach the Team and Cam/Billy/Cooper...

Just my humble opinion of course....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy seems to like people knowing the systems and structures and that seems to be why people generally have to be around awhile before he picks them. Seems a bit ridiculous to me, if they are good enough they should be picked. Plus this philosophy didn't seem to help our defence this year.

At the start of the year, I would have picked Walker before Hampton. A further season down the track I don't think Hampton is fit to shine Walker's boots. (Sorry to any Hampton fans out there).
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Another pre-season under our young one's belts...who can tell what will happen or how they'll improve? CB seems to put in experienced players (Ben at 6) rather than put in someone getting used to NRL level...might mean Nona gets a run, probably why Green will be in the mix - but one more pre-season for Ben Hampton might be what he needs to come through. Same with Munster & Mann. Whatever happens, we all know there has to be a succession plan in place for our older players surely? Exciting times ahead but could be a bit of a raffle results-wise unless some magic kicks in & everything comes together...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I believe Griffin is Bellamy's succession plan for Smith, Munster or Mann for Slater and Hampton for Cronk but time will tell if they work out I guess.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mann was getting work in at hooker in the preseason as well. Showed he wasn't out of place there either.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sad thing is our next Fullback/Hooker/Halfback will always be compared to the big 3.
IMO Hampton is a decent half and will one day be on of the best halves in the NRL.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

1 slater
2 munster
3 fonua/mann
4 chambers
5 korobete
6 green
7 cronk
8 j brom
9 smith
10 mclean
11 proctor
12 harris
13 hinchy
14 k brom
15 norrie
16 learoyd-lars
17 mann/weston
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

From what I've seen of Hampton over the years I can't envision him being anything other than an average first grader.

I may be wrong. But that's my honest opinion.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

realistically our succession plan for life after the big 3 will be something we've never experienced.

for arguments sake, say we have 1.5m free in the cap - would you assume 500kp.a for each of the big 3 is ballpark figure? Or am I thinking too much like AFL wages.

Either way we will be cashed up and aggressive on the transfer market
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting view
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We'll be cashed up but we can't replace that sort of quality and not all at once anyway.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Good point bula
When does a hooker , half and fullback of that quality come on the open market. These guys are the best at their jobs over the last 8 years or so. In the modern game I think thats a huge feat. And I don't think we ever have had a great pulling power to sign the top tier players. Thats why we had to produce our own legends. And didn't we do just that. Some of the best players , clubman ever to play this game. But I had a few.drinks so I hope this.post makes sense. Lol
GoogleD
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi Guys,

I will have a crack at what I would like to see for 2015.

1. Slater
2. O'neill - Genuine try scorer. Only picked on wing, not centre.
3. Chambers
4. Fonua
5. Korobeite
6. Green - Happy to give him a chance. By all thoughts, would think he will do a better job than Roberts, and I thought Roberts was top notch in 75% of his games this year.
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Mclean - Must start. Big, Strong, Young - A must for the future front row combination with Jesse.
11. Proctor
12. Bromwich - I like him. Busy, plays better when Jesse is around. Wouldn't be out of place in our all Kiwi back row.
13. Harris

14. Hinchcliffe - Still one of the first players picked, I just feel we play our best footy (excluding the EF), with him on the bench, and coming on and being busy.
15. Leahroyd - Lars - Quality player. If can get fit, will provide formidable back up off bench, and will push for starting spot.
16. Kaufusi - By reports had an outstanding year. Dominated some guys in QLD Cup. Hopefully can follow in Antonio's steps.
17. NAS/Norrie - Young or Mature. Craig's call.

I have gone for a massive bench this year, due to the fact I think in the games we were beaten, we were steam rolled by the other forward packs. We lost to the dogs 3/3 - who probably have the biggest pack behind Souths/Roosters.

I know this team will probably not be close, but I would love if something similar stepped onto the field in RD 1.

I still think we need someone in the back line whom can play centre (experienced). And also a back rower, so then Kenny can push back to number 17.