Round 26 Storm v Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Friday night is a big game v Broncos. Both teams are playing to wrap up a finals berth and Storm could still finish fourth if results go our way.

We usually draw a good crowd v Broncos and given a finals berth is on the line and it is Hoffy's farewell hopefully this won't be an exception.

It will busy in the precinct on Friday night with the Hawks v Cats final on at the MCG.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Slater
2. O'Neill
3. Chambers
4. Fonua
5. Koroibete
6. Roberts
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Norrie
11. Proctor
12. Hoffman
13. McLean

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Harris
16. K Bromwich or Moors or Glasby (in order of preference)
17. Garbutt
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd start Harris at lock and get Jordy to give us impact off the bench. Other than that looks good.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No changes...no point
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Watching warriors/ titans game today vossy was saying that next week Storm could find themselves out side the 8 if we lose, no other team got that scenerio from him. he never mentioned that broncos could be out, or mangey mutts( who only have 8 f/a) compared to us 66.
We are on 30 same as mm.. except we play broncos and they play titans. warriors play panthers so that is a tough game for them(panthers are doing a number on manly in this weeks game).
sick of the bais against Storm all the time
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Many beat penrith so if we win and manly beat cowboys next week and warriors beat penrith we come 4th
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is pretty amazing (and scary) that in the final round, the difference between us getting a win or recording a loss, could be finishing 4th or finishing 9th.

Second chance finals and week off/home semi...... or watching the finals series from home.

I guess we'll see how serious our boys are about playing finals next week. For both clubs it is almost a knock out.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we lose. What has to happen for us to still make the top 8 ?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we lose we also need the Tits to beat the Dogs and even if that happened we'd still need Penrith to beat the Warriors. If both results go against us then we're out though if one goes our way we'll still be in. The irony is that we want the Warriors to beat Penrith for any chance of a top 4 spot but we want Penrith to beat the Warriors to make sure we stay in the 8 should we lose.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we need to win, end of story!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, pretty much and i'm quietly confident we will.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Remember folks we are playing our "Bitches" this week.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh god don't say it like that...it makes me less confident we will win cause hoodoos have to be broken sometime looks at the dragqueens in canberra
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Gee that loss to the Knights is really coming back to bite us on the ass now, we would be sitting pretty on 4th already...

So if the Warriors beat the Panthers (50/50 chance) at Penrith and the Cowboys, whose remaining games are at home, lose to either the Sharks (won't happen) or the Sea Eagles (Cowboys probably slight favourites here) we finish 4th unless the Bulldogs put 60+ on the Titans.

If the Cowboys, the Panthers and the Storm all finish the season without dropping a game we will finish 6th but if the Panthers lose we would be 5th.

IMO most likely we will finish 6th and play the Bulldogs in Week one (at home?). If we lose and the Warriors win we are out obviously but if they lose we finish 8th and again IMO we most likely play the Cowboys away. I can't see us beating them up there so a loss this week is inevitably the end of our season whether we play finals or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think thats all the scenarios? Thankfully we are able to control my fate and I am confident that we win this week.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

there's also the status quo, where we lose but so do warriors, cowboys and dogs which means we still get a home final but it comes down to for and against for positions.