Round 25 - Roosters vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You left out the fact that they couldn't create a spark because they don't have two brain cells between them to rub together.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow biggest game of the year! I think we'll win it.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

brisbanestorm wrote:We can win this game if we come out of the tunnel with some real aggression. We can't start softly and try to build in to it, we need to blow them off the park early and then consolidate. TBH I wouldn't be surprised to see tempers flair a little if we can rattle them, and I think this will work in our favour.

Again we will need the forwards to stand tall. McLean starting with Hinchy off the bench is definitely a good option. Looking forward to seeing how our Kiwi forwards go in proving why they were chosen for the test again.

Their halves should have a target on their heads in both attack and defence. They can only play well if we let them play well, but we should be able to expose them for the over rated hacks they are.

I think the two backlines are relatively evenly matched so if we can give our backs quality front foot ball we can exploit any weaknesses they have got. Chambers will have to provide enough protection for Sisa on our try line and Mahe and MK will have to limit the amount of space that Tuivasa Sheck gets.

Beating this Roosters team is certainly easier said than done but I think this is the game we announce ourselves as pretenders or contenders. This weekend is our first semi final of 2014
This is absolutely spot on.

Our guys need to score early, hold out the Roosters, build a platform and target their halves.

I think the 10 minutes either side of half-time will be crucial - against Penrith on Monday night that last set before half-time was enormous in the context of the result.

I don't really buy into the media's perception of the Roosters this season - they aren't the same side as last year.

They're similar to the Storm in that they've lost to poor sides - the Sharks come to mind.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we match up good. The only problem is I think Kenny Dowell will be a target for cross kicks and not RTS.
Jennings did give Chambers a bit of trouble in the last meeting but I'm confident Will can keep him honest.
Fonua and MK will probably be the go-to guys here.
Warea-Hargreaves and Frank Paul are big liabilities and will give us a few penalties hopefully.
We'll win this 24-10.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

can someone please tell me the refs for the game. I am schit scared we have Ashley klein who would no doubt cost us another victory.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Jarryd Maxwell Gavin Morris, Luke Patten one of the video refs
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

love your work! thanks, appreciated. Klein cangoandpharkhimselfireckon.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nuh I bet we get Kline next week at home...I bet ya anything
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i take it he's back in first grade? He has a pathological hatred of Melbourne Storm.
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

We will win. And then put 20 on Brisbane next week and go into finals in top form
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:Nuh I bet we get Kline next week at home...I bet ya anything
I am sure the nrl wouldn`t give klown :knob: a STORM home game cos of the fear of the Storm terrorist supporters giving it to him, :argue: they wouldn`t give us the satisfaction of allowing us to abuse him every chance we get. :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :violent1:
cayal
Squall
Squall

I have a horrible feeling that if we don't win tonight we wont make the finals.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

No doubt in my mind that Storm are gunna win.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

U don't want to know what I think
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm guessing you've got your usual pre-game jitters going there Sallymay lol.