WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS ?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

After taking people to games & then having them say "YES ! We want to be members in 2005",not only can I NOT get them membership forms.......I haven't even got my own renewal yet.

It's November :evil:

Very hard to convince new people,(AFL members),that RL in Melbourne is truly professional & eager to take new people on board :roll:

Sorry.................Rant Over.
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

PD, Brian Waldron stated (can't recall where I read it) that due to changes within Melbourne Storm that there would be a delay with 2005 memberships, both new and renewals.

Storm has had both their marketing manager and their media manager quit at pretty much the same time. Combined with Waldron's appointment as Storm CEO from today there was always bound to be some sort of delays.

I expect that we'll see some changes to the membership offering for 2005, just don't know what those changes will be. For the moment members, and prospective members just need to be patient.
Evilynn
Squall
Squall

I agree PD. It's very annoying (I've already received my AFL renewal form!). What changes would Storm need to make to membership anyway? :roll: Couldn't they just leave it alone for next season & then let the "new leader" decide what if any changes are needed! But isn't that what the membership manager is for???? :? After all he will need a season to see how the membership at Storm works wouldn't you think? :roll: It's not an AFL club so things are done differently (at least differently than my AFL club).
Gostorm
Squall
Squall

Hey people cut the admin some slack. I guess it is to be expected Waldron will have to look at the whole setup before making any decisions. Who knows it might even be cheaper membership to attract more members. I for one would love that as I it will save me some bucks with three centreline memberships.

Previously we have waited longer so what difference would it make. Afterall the season is so far away.
Matt King rules!!!!!
stormdolls
Squall
Squall

Well stated Gostorm,to all you people out there just be patient,the few staff that the Storm employ do a bloody good job under very difficult circumstancies. :!: :!: :!: :!:
he not she.
Last edited by stormdolls on Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honi Soit Qui Mal-y Pense
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Please note that there will be a short delay for members receiving their renewal information for the 2005 NRL season. The reason for this delay is due to a change of management within the Storm organisation - i.e. the incoming CEO Mr Brian Waldron.
storm site^^^

yeah cut them some slack..you'll get it...just have to wait a bit longer...what can u do?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Evilynn
Squall
Squall

Hehehehehe :roll: :wink:
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Its not like you can use your 2005 membership yet even if you had it...
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hailstorm wrote:Its not like you can use your 2005 membership yet even if you had it...
Agreed.

Out of curiousity when did people receive their membership renewals last year? From what I recall I only got mine mid November.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yes something like that , once you get them it wont take long to get them through I think last year it only took a week..lots of time yet , I know that people would like to get them out of the way for xmas, but there has been a message on the Storm site Re this for some time , so yep be patient folks I am sure they have got it all well in hand.I think too they would be changing the western terrace seating as that was the one that was mainly affected by the big change in last seasons structure and it did upset a lot of members , so I believe they may be trying to get those members their seats back or some sort of comprimise , cause if they don't they will end up losing them!!!!
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't have a problem with the people who work for Storm !!
I do have a problem with the fact that..........
Every season there is some kind of drama with memberships ?

It always made me angry that a lot of our material was printed & sorted in Brisbane,(note: good way to piss off VICTORIANS).We still come across to the people we're trying to bring in as unorganised.NOT GOOD when the people down the road have organisation , money & government support :cry:
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

:roll: nothing you can do about it tho...the ceo hasnt even got settled in yet...geez..maybe in 06 when everything is settled in...they will arrive earlier
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
The Pelican
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Is it really that big a deal?

We've got a new CEO and a new Marketing guy. Surely it's more important to get it right rather than just get it out!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Ummm, PD, the Storm printing hasn't been out of Brissy for a couple of years now.....
Actually, once you send in your forms (whenever u get em) you'll normally have the cards back within 3 - 5 days. Much better than most other clubs!
:wink:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Storm Staff
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Dear Storm Fans/Members,

As many of you are aware there is a delay on the 2005 membership package. Therefore, all 2004 members will NOT have received their renewals packages.

The reason for this delay is due to a change of management within the Storm organisation (new CEO Brian Waldron).

On behalf of the Melbourne Storm I would like to apologise for the delay. I would suggest you continue to visit the Storm website for further updates.

Your continued patience is appreciated and once details are confirmed I will post information on this site.

Kind Regards,

Susie Filleti
Membership & Ticketing Manager