Marika Koroibete Fan Club

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As I have expressed elsewhere I love Marika Koroibete. He is only 22, he is fast and strong. How good was his offload to Mahe for a try v the Raiders and him barging over Mitchell Moses for a try on Monday night? He was being wasted in NSW Cup.

I have always loved our Pacific Island wingers from Marcus Bai to Semi Tadulala (I still enjoy watching Semi playing for Northern Pride) and of course Sisa Waqa.

So does anyone have any objections if I nominate myself as President of the MKFC?

Sallymay and Mattpoet based on the SWAS thread are on board. Bula I assume you are on board too. Anyone and everyone else is welcome.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I second the motion - on the proviso that i'm the 'Junior Vice President' (always loved that title) of the MK5 Fan Club!!!

The dude is a beast! And he's reached mancrush status already (second only to SuperCooper in that respect for me :P)

I hope this is the beginning of a long and mutually beneficial relationship between the Storm and Marika!! I personally still can't get over the fact that he is somehow proudly wearing purple!! It's both mind boggling and completely awesome at the same time! :)
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We're in & we represent a multitude from here! We think he is one of the most exciting recruits to the Storm for some time...along with T of course :-), Jesse, Mahe (improving weekly) and Kurt, we are so excited to see Storm build an amazing roster to see them continue their legacy. MK rocks!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welcome aboard KingHowe and Chip. Sallymay, Mattpoet and Chip (and others) happy for you to nominate your own titles / roles.

Something I forgot to add to my post above is that in 16 games at the Tigers he scored 12 tries and in just 4 games with the Storm he has already scored 4 tries. So he is currently tied with 7 other illustrious players in equal 69th in our all time try scoring list. Those other players are Brett Anderson, Alex Chan, Ben Hampton, Rodney Howe, Luke MacDougall, Clint Newton and Aiden Tolman.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I know this is about MK and may not be the right thread but I just need to say that having met Ben Roberts, his wife, and parents recently they have got to be some of the nicest people around - so grateful for the chance he has been given to play for the Storm & all of them expressed they wished he had got the chance to be here before this year; they were totally impressed with the professionalism, support and culture of the Storm, something Ben & his parents said he had not experienced to such a degree before (although to be fair they all said Bulldogs were a very family-oriented club as well - go figure!). This article almost sums it up = almost, because if you meet te guy & his family they are quality people. just thought we'd share this insight...has become one of our favourites and wish he could be here for longer
http://www.nrl.com/im-the-luckiest-play ... fault.aspx
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

@Chip Love the insight, and no thread is the wrong one for you to add your 2c worth! :)

Not that anyone here needs reminding.....and again somewhat off topic.....but have another look at the 2nd Storm try for the night.....one i didn't praise at the time....clearly Coopz screaming for the ball, due to spotting an opening for MK5 to grab another one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IyKk8oEcE8
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chip that was a great read mate. As Blazza can attest I've been a big fan of Ben's this year and cannot be happier for him as a person or player that he has managed to have a successful time with us so far. He's always seemed like a very likeable person, definitely the type that you have to feel for when they draw so much criticism. Despite him only getting one year at the Storm I have to say I've been very proud to see him wear our jersey and this year he has clearly been a credit to himself. Sorry Scooter for continuing to go off topic.

Back on however, I'm waiting in anticipation for the first of MK's many long range tries. The last ~100m try I can remember us having was Tomane on debut(?) but I think MK will be scoring a few.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Love this

Thanks Chip for the insight into the parents side of things
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

One of my best mates is a Tigers fan. He gave me the heads up a few months ago that Koroibete would be coming south.
He was gutted then and is even more gutted now.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

official statistician
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I claim the title of - Official "fake Koroibete beard" salesman at games.

Can't wait to see him explode into some open space. I held my breath a little when I saw MK looming up on the inside of Slater in that set play against the Tigers... just didn't come off on that occasion.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Not that anyone here needs reminding.....and again somewhat off topic.....but have another look at the 2nd Storm try for the night.....one i didn't praise at the time....clearly Coopz screaming for the ball, due to spotting an opening for MK5 to grab another one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IyKk8oEcE8
That pass from Coops was completely ridiculous. How he can catch that ball (with the defence in his face) and in the one movement, cut-out two Storm players, ensure the ball goes back/flat at worst and still hit his winger on the chest... Just crazy.

It's not as pretty as say the set play that put Chambers through but anyone's that has played the game knows how hard that pass would be to get right. Cronk is killing it at the moment and as long as he is able to play at that level, we are every chance of progressing deep into the finals.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Count me in and i'm happy to have you running the show Scooter. Was very excited when it was rumored we were getting Koro and after only a few games the excitement was justified. I mentioned in the game thread that this bloke is only going to get better and better after really settling into our system.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron Smith is on board the Marika Koroibete fan club. He just gave MK5 a wrap on Sterlo :

"obviously Marika Koroibete, he's been great for us. You know we just snapped him up when the Wests Tigers sort of let him go. And he's been fantastic, he's picked up what where about so quickly. He's only been with us for about six weeks. But he's been fantastic."
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Koromania is running wild, brother.