Round 22: Knights vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Molly
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

blazza18 wrote:Don't blame the refs when you leak 32 points FFS. That was embarrassing tonight.
We would not have leaked 32 points if it wasn't for the refs though, so I don't understand the comment.
Molly
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Tonight has conclusively proved the NRL is corrupt and is sitting next to WWE for realism.
cayal
Squall
Squall

What did Bellamy say?
Kya
Squall
Squall

He noted that the penalty count was ridiculous,.

That Ashley Klein obviously has a problem with us because he always has large discrepancies with penalty counts when he refs us and that he was gutted with performance of defence.

but mostly of the refereeing because we weren't a 7 to 0 penalty worse side than knights in 2nd half. Short press conference only went 4 mins
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Post match presser...
http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... media.html

Definite $10K fine coming...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Had the exact same comments come from the coach of another team, I don't think he'd be fined. Didn't question Klein's integrity (f*cking should have), just clearly stated that there must be something about the way we play, that Klein doesn't like.

Klein was a disgrace and should never referee a professional sport again.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The game....bluh

After the game was were it was happening haha standing there waiting at the bus for the boys to come out with maybe 10 others two security guys came out of the rooms giggling we asked why....they said that Bellamy had gone of his rocker at the guys and everyone was in stunned silence then when Bellamy came out and got on the bus he sat down head in hands and looked ill

The rest of the boys were not really that much happier

Tohu and Kenny got straight on the bus and a few others got on the bus but did come back off to sign stuff...I think everyone was actully really stuned they lost

Amazingly they signed everything
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Should never have lost after being so far ahead - which is what CB would've blown them up about I suspect
Played ok enough to score when the chances came
Never seen such BS penalties in a game
Knights played well but got all the advantage - weren't penalized for things Storm were
& were gifted penalties at crucial times, resulting in them scoring
Has these mini camps ever worked for us? Everyone seemed lacking in energy & enthusiasm

Where Knights won (not necessarily in this order)
Cam kicked 3 out of 6
Penalty count 11 to 3
Storm's completion 25/33
Storm errors 9 to 5
Chechin

Shouldn't play like that again (can't say the same for Chechin)
Still in the 8 - Warriors will jump ahead but no others at this point
Disappointed but still proud of what they've achieved so far despite all the different circumstances this year
Will have to pull something extra special out of the hat to get through the final series imo
Here's hoping
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Molly wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Don't blame the refs when you leak 32 points FFS. That was embarrassing tonight.
We would not have leaked 32 points if it wasn't for the refs though, so I don't understand the comment.
The refs didn't let in 32 points.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chip wrote:Should never have lost after being so far ahead - which is what CB would've blown them up about I suspect
Played ok enough to score when the chances came
Never seen such BS penalties in a game
Knights played well but got all the advantage - weren't penalized for things Storm were
& were gifted penalties at crucial times, resulting in them scoring
Has these mini camps ever worked for us? Everyone seemed lacking in energy & enthusiasm

Where Knights won (not necessarily in this order)
Cam kicked 3 out of 6
Penalty count 11 to 3
Storm's completion 25/33
Storm errors 9 to 5
Chechin

Shouldn't play like that again (can't say the same for Chechin)
Still in the 8 - Warriors will jump ahead but no others at this point
Disappointed but still proud of what they've achieved so far despite all the different circumstances this year
Will have to pull something extra special out of the hat to get through the final series imo
Here's hoping

Meant Klein not Chechin :oops:
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Once again, MORE EVIDENCE THAT WE SHOULD HAVE HELD ON TO HIM AT ALL COSTS.

It's gonna suck seeing him move on.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

1) Every time we got in front we seem to relax just a little i put this down to three away games in a row should never happen for team outside of Sydney.
2) Sisa can score but he stand in one or two to close and let's in a few all most even last night.
3) Newcastle played well and in a game that is competitive as this you need a ref that is going be consistent will his decisions.
4) Some of the supports on the forum really need to understand the word support .
5) We love to win why because like a few other teams in the comp when we win we've won against the odds bad travel, bad refs, SOO and the general dislike of our team by most in NSW including the media.

We lost to team that looked like they had just won the the grad final at the end after many poor ref calls we were down on energy and with good reason but really still did enough to win but didn't . We did some suff I loved in attack and some poor defence. Season not over by a long way this team can win many games on the trot and if we do how much sweeter the victory. Remember that we have won one game over the eagles and rabbits we can win the comp.

Go Storm
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Inglis#3 wrote:Yeah, I thought maybe he didn't recover in time from his injury. Could very well be him though.

Would probably prefer it to be Garbutt after his stat line from his game last week for Easts.
We were definitely lacking a prop last night. Our bench was all wrong. Craig's substitutions left a lot to be desired too. He couldn't have used all 10?
Molly
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

blazza18 wrote:
Molly wrote:
The refs didn't let in 32 points.
No, but you can argue they let in 6 when you consider Waddell was never square :?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope the club stop looking for excuses and start looking for solutions. Its been no secret we get scrutinised more than most, why not play ultra cautious or just use the core rugby league skills in defence instead of doing the same silly things and expecting the refs to magically ignore it? Soon the leg lifting and spinning in the tackle is going to get brought up.

Had Cam kicked properly last night we wouldnt be in the situation where knights could win after the siren. Conversions have cost us our fair share of games this year. Fundamental stuff which had nothing to do with ref calls.

Waddell stripping the ball was a tough one but you would expect one of the games greatest players to be expecting a strip considering he was running from the in-goal and into a desperate team when the game was in the balance.