Horrible news - Sisa gone to the Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Terrible news re Sisa I am gutted. After Saturday night I was looking forward to seeing flying Fijians on both wings for at least a year or two.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sad news but good for him. They would've paid overs, we'll I hope anyway.
His replacement isn't much to write home about but we never know how good he could be (Robinson)
Hope we see his best footy for the rest of the season and a big farewell at the last home game.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Terrible news re Sisa I am gutted. After Saturday night I was looking forward to seeing flying Fijians on both wings for at least a year or two.
Might still happen with Vunivalu who looks the goods.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Goodbye Sisa, you will be always known as a key player in the 2012 Premiership.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:Goodbye Sisa, you will be always known as a key player in the 2012 Premiership.
+1. How good was Sisa's defence in 2012, particularly in the GF. I think he must have been close to Clive Churchill for his defence alone. He just didn't let the Bulldogs get on his outside.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Not Happy...
toffee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Despite my recent criticism of him, he still remains one of my favourite players in recent years. As others have stard, his defence in 2012 was amazing, I still remember the tackle he made against the broncos at home last year. I'm sad that he's going, but hope that he got a great deal to look after his family. Here's hoping that MK impresses and can maybe stay on for a couple more years, as we need a new Fijian cult hero!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

toffee wrote:Despite my recent criticism of him, he still remains one of my favourite players in recent years. As others have stard, his defence in 2012 was amazing, I still remember the tackle he made against the broncos at home last year. I'm sad that he's going, but hope that he got a great deal to look after his family. Here's hoping that MK impresses and can maybe stay on for a couple more years, as we need a new Fijian cult hero!
Oh yeah his MOM performance that was awesome.
Koroibete is signed till end of 2016 so if all goes well he'll be here for a few
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

toffee wrote:Despite my recent criticism of him, he still remains one of my favourite players in recent years. As others have stard, his defence in 2012 was amazing, I still remember the tackle he made against the broncos at home last year. I'm sad that he's going, but hope that he got a great deal to look after his family. Here's hoping that MK impresses and can maybe stay on for a couple more years, as we need a new Fijian cult hero!
MK's speed on that chase of Crocker the other night generated cult status alone... it instantly started a debate in our section about who was quicker... MK or the Ferarri! MK got my vote
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

MK clock's 10.6 seconds flat in 100m which is faster then any other play in the nrl that I know of, david mead and Shaun johnson are just behind him.
MK is the fastest player that has ever played for melbourne
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Actually that was 3 years ago at the age of 18 he clocked that, apparently Marika Koroibete ran the equivalent of 10.36 seconds last Saturday night in footy boots on a bog track after nearly 80 minutes of game time.
So Imagine his time over 100m without playing a footy game and in sprint shoes on a sprint track. He could well and truly make the Olympics for the 100m dash
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While those numbers look good I think he's not just your fast runner. He is a power runner and not just a line runner like Renouf or O'Neill.
He hasn't shown it since he's injury maybe a little gun-shy but he has an incredible fend. Broke his arm after putting Sika Manu on his back.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My favourite player to watch, I'm gutted, on his day he is absolutely up there with the best wingers we've had.

Overall I would say:

1.Bai
2.Geyer
3.Turner
4.Waqa
5.Quinn
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Why? For a guy to have played so little NRL, he was given a lifeline and we have turned him into the wonderful player he is today.
I'm not so generous as a lot of you who say good luck, hope you got a good deal, blah blah.

I'm gutted and annoyed as yet another top line first grader leaves the fold. A major disappointment.