Bellyache's on the ball....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

"Storm may also continue its policy of starting three front-rowers in Jesse Bromwich, Bryan Norrie and Jordan McLean.

The always reliable Ryan Hinchcliffe, who is one of the side’s best defenders, has started off the bench in the past two games.

Bellamy said it was to give the side more size and also allowed Hinchcliffe to keep fresh, which benefits the attacking side of his versatile game."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/s ... 6995220906

Just in case anyone thought Craig wasn't still thinking about the game plan....you might want to re-appraise your opinions based on this article...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea, he should be commended for doing something a majority of fans asked for 12 months ago. Also think it should be Tohu starting over McLean.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm OK with McLean starting at lock. A number of teams are playing an additional prop at lock these days. I'm also very glad Hinchy is coming off the bench again. He brings noticable impact from the bench and seems to be more effective from there.

We are more effective early on with the extra big guy out there.

Tohu should be starting, you are right... but as the left edge backrower. I hope like hell the plan is for him to take the place of Hoffman next year and play 80mins.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

mclean should start with j brom, and i'd like to see k-brom at lock. i remember seeing him play there in the 20s at suncorp and he killed it! my mate had no idea about anyone and couldnt believe how good he was. i also think he plays his best in the middle not the edges.