Melbourne Storm implicated in betting scandal...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

seriously...if this is true....I will be disappointed beyond all belief...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/david-w ... 6982247122
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hope beyond all hope that it is a player already out injured....

Confirmed in the media Report that it's not Cam, Cooper or Billy
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Has to be Sisa. His mind was not on game last week.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sisa's been off his game nearly all season, and as mentioned in other posts, I'm hoping it has more to do with his on-going injury than anything else.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Come on guys. ... it's gotta be big Georgey Rose...... the report mentions the player is currently contracted at the Storm.... somewhat insinuating he wasn't here when the betting happened. ... and the other bloke implicated is from Manly.... few beers, $20 bet. .... no harm no foul ... at least until he came to the Storm! :)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote:Sisa's been off his game nearly all season, and as mentioned in other posts, I'm hoping it has more to do with his on-going injury than anything else.
I know someone mentioned that he had an ongoing injury (heel spurs) but do we actually have confirmation? I don't think it has been mentioned all year in Tony's injury updates (not that all niggling injuries are).
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Come on guys. ... it's gotta be big Georgey Rose...... the report mentions the player is currently contracted at the Storm.... somewhat insinuating he wasn't here when the betting happened. ... and the other bloke implicated is from Manly.... few beers, $20 bet. .... no harm no foul ... at least until he came to the Storm! :)
That was my original thought. Once again, it would serve us right for signing a Manly player.

It does say though that the Melbourne player is a "top-liner", whatever that is supposed to mean... Is a "top-liner" a top 25 contracted player? First 17? Starter? A BS comment made to insinuate it is a Melbourne Storm main-stay?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

King Howe the report also says he is a Storm topliner... surely George doesn't fit that description.

Yourhero Sisa got injured the week before the test and missed out on playing for Fiji because he was going to miss 4 to 6 games. Then a week later we said he could hold off to end of year for surgery. Not sure if that is related to bone spur.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i remember hearing the same thing scooter
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lets all just wait for the report instead of maybe implicating an innocent player.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While a $20 is hardly the crime of the century at the same time it's very stupid putting your own bet on given the rules are clearly known by everyone. I got no issue about the punting and love a punt myself and if i was an NRL player and really wanted to have a legitimate bet all i'd do is just get someone to put it on for me. You'd have to be pretty naive to think that plenty of players aren't doing that.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:While a $20 is hardly the crime of the century at the same time it's very stupid putting your own bet on given the rules are clearly known by everyone. I got no issue about the punting and love a punt myself and if i was an NRL player and really wanted to have a legitimate bet all i'd do is just get someone to put it on for me. You'd have to be pretty naive to think that plenty of players aren't doing that.
absolutely...a mate or relative could do with no questions asked...

slip them a $20 at home....stay right out of sight and let them bring the winnings back.

Not really rocket science is it.....
toffee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

If I had to guess, it would be WC.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Insomniac wrote:Sisa's been off his game nearly all season, and as mentioned in other posts, I'm hoping it has more to do with his on-going injury than anything else.
I know someone mentioned that he had an ongoing injury (heel spurs) but do we actually have confirmation? I don't think it has been mentioned all year in Tony's injury updates (not that all niggling injuries are).
As Scooter said, Sisa was originally meant to miss a heap of weeks after his injury diagnosis before the Test, but then in one of Tony's injury reports he mentioned Sisa's bone spurs and said they had elected to manage it until the end of the season. That's what I remember anyway.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:King Howe the report also says he is a Storm topliner...
Yeah....'topliner'.....a made up term that has no bearing on anything.....it could just mean he's played first grade this year....it could mean he's a player with a high profile so to speak...George certainly fits those descriptions....and uh, that's where my money is (that is, if i were allowed to bet on who it could be.....)

Kind of hoping it is George to be honest......he won't be with us next year anyway i'd imagine, and barely plays, and when he does, he barely puts in......It'd be a much worse situation if it was someone like Sisa, K-Proc or J-Brom....the guys that are Melbourne through and through~! I guess what i'm saying is that i'd be OK with it being George....everyone will have a lol@Rose moment....and move on....If it's a Stormer....we'll never hear the end of it...