Melbourne Storm implicated in betting scandal...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can someone tell me who Hymel Hunt is. I had never heard of him.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Poor Georgie, Guilty by association.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:Can someone tell me who Hymel Hunt is. I had never heard of him.
Stormy I assume your comment is sarcastic / rhetorical. If not Hunt is a young centre who we signed from the Titans. He played one NRL game last year for Titans and has played none for us. He is also the cousin of Karmichael Hunt.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sorry George!! It was only due to your tainted past (ie. Playing for manly...) I'll shout ya a big Mac next time I see you!

Is this an instant dismissal kind of offence? Perfect opportunity to right a wrong and free up some cap space by bidding Slade farewell! Why was he re-signed again???
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Is this an instant dismissal kind of offence? Perfect opportunity to right a wrong and free up some cap space by bidding Slade farewell! Why was he re-signed again???
I would like to think that this club would never ever do something like that.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It would go close I fear, the bet was apparently on a Storm game - albeit one which he did not play - so he would, at the very least, be on probation now one would think. It's not so much a question of not sticking by your man, it's the potential for this situation to be exploited in a way which compromises the club both on and off field which would have him sailing very close to the wind.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

brisbanestorm wrote:I would like to think that this club would never ever do something like that.

Something like what? Following rules? I'd like to think they stuck by their word and the rules.....if it's written (club rules, contracts, whatever) that this kind of breach is worthy of a dismissal, then they should damn sure carry that out.....and i'm not suggesting the club would think they made a mistake in re-signing him - that's just my opinion.....but yeah, i don't apologise for erring on the side of caution when it comes to the Storm and any potential 'breaches'.....if there's smoke, there's probably fire (sometimes it's just dry ice...but usually fire..)
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sorry, didn't mean for it to sound like I was having a go. Fair enough if it is really that serious, but if he has been suspended for 2 games isn't that his 'punishment'? Like, if the NRL have decided that shouldn't that be enough? If this is a legitimate reason for dismissal then fine but I would not support any player being thrown under the bus because it was convenient to get rid of them. I agree with you that he shouldn't have been re-signed
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just finished work and saw it was Slade and Hymal

Bluhhh

Out of the hundred million sport in the world they could've had a bet on they chose the NRL and even more stupid is they chose their own freeking team

Both deserve all the punishments they get and I hope the storm fine them as well...Hymal won't be at the club next year that's for sure and Slade will be lucky to stay as well
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

brisbanestorm wrote:but I would not support any player being thrown under the bus because it was convenient to get rid of them.
I realised that's what you meant as i was typing.....i didn't mean for it to sound like the clubs perspective....that was just mine :lol: it would be convenient.....but only if it's stated and understood that this kind of breach is a 'see you later' kind of deal.....then it should be done

But my best guess is yeah, warning for now, next thing that either does that brings unwanted attention to the club they'll be......gooo000oone.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote:
stormy wrote:Can someone tell me who Hymel Hunt is. I had never heard of him.
Stormy I assume your comment is sarcastic / rhetorical. If not Hunt is a young centre who we signed from the Titans. He played one NRL game last year for Titans and has played none for us. He is also the cousin of Karmichael Hunt.
No I wasn`t being sarcastic I honestly haven`t heard of HH.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My ass hat parramatta supporting cousin sent me a message telling me it was Slater and Chambers.

On topic though, Griffin, Hunt and Williams should all go for the year... and thats being lenient! Im sick of players coconstantly tarnising the sport I love.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Just finished work and saw it was Slade and Hymal

Bluhhh

Out of the hundred million sport in the world they could've had a bet on they chose the NRL and even more stupid is they chose their own freeking team

Both deserve all the punishments they get and I hope the storm fine them as well...Hymal won't be at the club next year that's for sure and Slade will be lucky to stay as well
Is Hunt off contract? If not... he won't be let go because of this.
As for Slade, I know there are some who don't like him, but before his injury, my tip is he would play for NZ within 3 years. Might take an extra 1 or 2 now but I firmly believe he will be a very good first grade player, and again, given he re-signed, there is no chance he'll be let go for this
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hunt is off contract
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he's probably done his dash then