Ben Roberts

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

According to fox sports Ben Roberts has singed a 2 year deal with Castleford starting in 2015.

We must be clearling the decks for someone.... Well I hope so anyway.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We signed journeyman Blake Green from England (previously played for Parramatta, Cronulla and Canterbury in the NRL) to most likely be first choice five-eighth next year so it doesn't surprise me. It's a shame Ben is leaving as he has really put his critics in their place this year with some pretty good performances.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

routy21 wrote:According to fox sports Ben Roberts has singed a 2 year deal with Castleford starting in 2015.

We must be clearling the decks for someone.... Well I hope so anyway.
KAAAAARRRRRMICCHHAAAAEELLLLLLLLL HUNT...

COME. ON. DOWN.......
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we don't have the money to re-sign Hampton, we sure don't have enough money to go and get Hunt.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I doubt Blake Green was signed as our first choice 5/8
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just clearing the decks for carney.. Lmfao
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure if i read it from someone here or elsewhere but they said a month or so ago that Roberts was only likely to be here for this season so i can't say i'm surprised.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Not sure if i read it from someone here or elsewhere but they said a month or so ago that Roberts was only likely to be here for this season so i can't say i'm surprised.
Yep...Roberts is quoted as saying he only signed at Storm for 1 year.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8871102

Obviously the Castleford coin was just too good...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dissapointing because Roberts is another zero to hero story under Bellamy. Hope he kills it for the rest of the season.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

routy21 wrote:I doubt Blake Green was signed as our first choice 5/8
Green has been reasonable in Super League. He won the Sunderland Trophy for man of the match in the Super League Grand Final. I can't see Green signing with us to play for the Sharks' NSW Cup team, he has been there and done that 5 or 6 years ago.

I also think they way it was announced by Storm, the timing of the signing and the fact that Hampton has not been re-signed yet that the Storm are intending for our first choice halves to be Cronk and Green. He is experienced and a regular half.

At the moment, they are the only two halves we have signed for next season. (I am ignoring players who have barely played at five eighth this year in different comps that we have signed up and could possibly play there like Munster and Mann).

At this stage Green and Cronk are it. Walker and Roberts have definitely gone, Hampton could follow them. So on our current list perhaps we could re-sign Romelo but he is definitely not a first choice and is definitely back up.

Unless there is someone in the wings we don't know about I think Green is our first choice five-eighth.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Having said that Craig doesn't give newcomers a walk up start but assuming he does hard work over pre-season he is Bellamy's first choice.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would love to see us get Samisoni Langi or Carlos Tuimavave. Exciting kids with 10+ years of fg ahead of them.