Origin III

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just heard a report that Cronk is tipped to return for origin III.
cayal
Squall
Squall

glennb wrote:Just heard a report that Cronk is tipped to return for origin III.
Not at all surprising.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i hope not, want him playing for us not for some stupid bash-fest dead rubber!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

on that note, the nrl should provide 2nd tier salary cap relief to the value of the player's match payment for any club who has a player injured mid season in a rep fixture whilst they should be on club duties! this money should be outside the cap!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just from some more on this. Story says Queensland are to contact Storm/Cronk today about his availability for this game. He will not paly tomorrow night but because of the bye next week he will be ready for our round after that, so therefore origin.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Mattpoet wrote:i hope not, want him playing for us not for some stupid bash-fest dead rubber!
Agree. I know storm Mr B doesn't try and stop the players wanting to play rep games but please Mr B step in this time. Because he has recovered so quickly and why risk it for a game as mattpoet said a dead rubber when the storm needs cooper and the storm have everything to play
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

because of the bs rule that he has to sit out for his club that week if we stop him playing origin, total crock!
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Mattpoet wrote:because of the bs rule that he has to sit out for his club that week if we stop him playing origin, total crock!
Ok forgot this Rep rule.
Don't we have a bye anyway
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You know the nrl would make him miss a game, no matter when it was, bastards!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:You know the nrl would make him miss a game, no matter when it was, bastards!
would still be a good thing, better healing and keep him fresher for the business end of the season
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater, Chambers, Cronk and Smith in Qld Origin team. Congrats and good luck to Will on his debut.

Please don't let anyone get injured.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh great now we have 5 to worry about
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just saw on the back page, in tomorrow's Courier Mail there is a story on how Cronk got back from his broken arm so quickly. Apparently he used this special bone healing machine for 30 hours to help heal the bone. But he is unable to straighten his arm now. Cronk is my favourite player but this makes me mad, his priority should be Storm. Origin is gone he did not did to this just to play a dead rubber.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He can straighten his arm that's fake...we saw him moving it on Friday nothing was wrong with it at all
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some Storm legends being honoured as part of half time tribute to Qld's 8 in a row: DJ, Steve Bell and Michael Crocker. Not to mention the legends who are playing tonight: Slater, Cronk, Smith and GI.