Marcus Bai gets his ring back

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seven years after getting his premiership ring stolen he finally finally got it back. You can tell just by reading the article how much the ring meant to him so it's great news that he got it back.

IT was the call former Melbourne Storm player Marcus Bai thought would never come. But yesterday, after seven years of praying for the return of his stolen 1999 NRL premiership ring, that call did indeed come. It was police letting him know it had been found.

The ring was among a number of items stolen from the footballer’s Burleigh Waters home in February 2007. Late last year it was sold to a Cash Converters store in Moonee Ponds, Victoria. During an audit of their stock Cash Converters noticed the ring’s unique appearance, and after doing some research contacted police. And while Bai is yet to be reunited with his prized possession, last night he was grateful for its return.

“Around grand final time, I always flash back to it and wonder if it will ever come back, but to be honest I never thought it would,” he said.
“I thought I would never be able to show it to my children, but today when I picked them up I told them the ring meant so much to Daddy and they were all excited. This has made my whole year.“I got goosebumps when the police rang me — it’s like I’ve won the lottery.”

And with a trip to Melbourne coming up, Bai said he couldn’t wait to be able to wear his premiership ring while he’s out with former teammates. Palm Beach police station’s Senior Sergeant Paul Hunter had the pleasure of giving Bai the news, and he said he expected the ring to be back in Bai’s hands by next week.

Sen-Sgt Hunter said police would also be investigating the people who presented the ring to Cash Converters. “If the ID document presented by those who tried to sell the ring was legitimate, then we now have a couple of good lines of inquiry to follow,’’ Sen-Sgt Hunter said.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I sware I walk past that cash converters every day I could've brought it or at least told someone about it
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm just glad he's getting it back, a much loved figure to us Storm fans as evidenced by the name of this very forum
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I would just like to say that the heading on this post........lolz ;)