Round 11 - Melbourne v North Queensland

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Tohu isn't promoted to the starting lineup I give it. We start better when Tohu is in the run-on side. Surely, Craig has figured that out by now.

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. William Chambers
4. Kurt Mann
5. Young Tonumaipea
6. Ben Roberts
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange
14. Kenny Bromwich
15. Tohu Harris
16. Dayne Weston
17. George Rose
18. Mitch Garbutt
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoping we rest Slater and Munster debuts this week. Don't care how much the big 3 want to play. We need to rest them from games this year.
Mitch Garbutt joins an extended interchange bench, rewarded for his strong performances with Easts Tigers in the Queensland Cup.
LOL. At worst he should already be in the 17.

And yea I agree with Tohu starting. Another Bellamy decision I don't get.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome, according to League Unlimited Klein is one of the refs and Clark is one of video refs. We get the bad kind of daily double.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

could be worse ..shame hayne could have been the vid ref. has Klown reffed anybody else this season?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only upside is we're playing the cowboys, they get almost as much hate from the pink tossbags as we do.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

with only one half fit and ready to play in ben roberts this week just got even more interesting
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'll Give it a stab. Team is anyone's guess this week now. Assuming Big 3 all out.

1. Sisa Waqa
2. Hymel Hunt
3. Will Chambers
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Young Tonumaipea
6. Kurt Mann
7. Ben Roberts
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Ryan Hinchcliffe
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman (C)
13. Tohu Harris

Interchange
14. Kenny Bromwich
15. George Rose
16. Mitch Garbutt
17. Junior Moors

18. Dayne Weston
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam Munster to Fullback
Kurt Mann to Halfback and
Ben Roberts to 5/8

Cams been Killing it in Qcup they may as well just throw him in...his a confident kid and would be pretty good

Was at the Impy last night with the purple army and Kafusi and Benny Hampton was there and when coops got injured he said T might be 5/8

Benny was a little annoyed he wasn't back this week and joked that atleast he knew he had a job for next week and said Bellamy hoped Cody and him could play together in the coming weeks (which now seems more likely then ever)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Cam and Bill miss a few weeks I want Bellamy to roll the dice on a Munster, Hampton, Walker, Mann spine. That would at least bring some excitement to the team. The less predictable the better.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk to miss 8-12 weeks. Slater 2-3. Smith 1-2 weeks.

Okay, one thing is for sure - talent will be blooded in the next few weeks. Have to look at the positives folks.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Given our early season results/form, the serious injury to Cronk, the moderate injuries to Slater and Smith and the fact that we are only just starting the Origin period... us playing finals is very, very suspect.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:If Cam and Bill miss a few weeks I want Bellamy to roll the dice on a Munster, Hampton, Walker, Mann spine. That would at least bring some excitement to the team. The less predictable the better.
Sounds great to blood some young guys. I am particularly keen to see Munster have a run. But fielding a team where the spine has less than 10 games total experience is probably too big a risk for a club that has a history of being risk averse.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh it's risky no doubt, but we need to take risks now. No reason not to IMO. I just cringe at Hinchcliffe playing hooker. He's too slow, which will cause a ripple effect on how the rest of the team plays. Would prefer Romelo but he's injured. I know Roberts will play, but I'd prefer to watch our youngsters instead.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I honestly couldnt give a toss if we lose the next 10 games if we are trying something new, the excitement factor of new talent is good enough. The plan should be long term sustainability now
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

+1 nacho. Just play an exciting brand of footy with our young players and I'd be satisfied no matter what the end season result is.