Kurt Mann Fan Club

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm starting up a thread for Kurt Mann - very impressive on debut tonight. I have to admit that I was a little unsure of him having only really seen him at NYC level before this and not enough to really form an opinion, but, he really impressed me tonight with his defense and just his willingness to do whatever was required of him. Throughly deserved to get the winning try too - B.O.G.

Who else is in?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh yeah...there will be heaps of members in the Mann fan club...count me in.

I suggested to a mate that Mann looked very similar to Jack Reed in his running gait and playing/tackling style....that high shoulder sort of look...

while Reed is a decent average player...I hope that Kurt becomes a significantly better player !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm in too. So Blazza18 there are now more members of Kurt Mann Fan Club than Ben Hampton Fan Club. I had seen him play a couple of matches for Sharks NSW Cup at fullback and then saw him play at centre a couple of weeks ago and his defence was very good. Again tonight his defence was great.

He is very versatile as he can play centre, fullback, five eighth or hooker.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Count me in thought he was brilliant, very cool under pressure
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I dunno....Kurt looked like a very competent first grader - kind of harsh comparing him to Reed.... :lol:

I've been a card carrying member of the Mann-Fan Club since at least the 76th minute of tonights win ;D But even well before it......it was as if he'd been in the side for years, lots of composure...great defence against some very capable players - made better decisions than many who have had a fair crack before him.....sprinting onto that ball - just wow! He has to be wearing a low number next week right? And every week thereafter! 8)
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ooh yeah!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:sprinting onto that ball - just wow!
That was impressive. Game on the line, possibly our last decent shot at the Scum line and Mann sprints in to take the kick. Fearless. Good on him.

During the warm up, Hampton was putting in cross field kicks to Waqa and Mann in the exact same spot. Waqa took most of them but I remember the last one was short and easily catchable for Mann but he made a mess of it, fumbling it. Fast forward 80-odd minutes and no sign of fumble when it counted! And this time he had to sprint in field to take it :)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:I'm in too. So Blazza18 there are now more members of Kurt Mann Fan Club than Ben Hampton Fan Club
Ummm...... :?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kurt, Kurt he's our Mann if he can't do it no one can.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He looks and moves like an athlete which I think players such as Mahe lack for an outside back. This is why I think we will see Mahe in lock soon as he gets older.

He reminds me a bit of Duffie but runs better angles and is more versatile from what I have heard.

I hope we see more of Mann for a long time
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am a big fan of any MANN in Purple. :lol:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:He looks and moves like an athlete which I think players such as Mahe lack for an outside back. This is why I think we will see Mahe in lock soon as he gets older.

He reminds me a bit of Duffie but runs better angles and is more versatile from what I have heard.

I hope we see more of Mann for a long time
Very interesting pint you make re:Duffie. I think you may be right there. And he is VERY versatile. Last night was the first time I've seen him play centre but, I have seen him at fullbakc, five eighth, halfback and hooker before.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Had been waiting for this bloke to debut, he'd be very good in the NYC competition and for the Sharks this season. Definitely my new favourite player. Hopefully he can keep performing at a top level and retain his spot in the side.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we're all hoping that now
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So
We have another weapon in the arsenal for post the alleged 'Big Three'
I'm fine with that. :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields