R9 - Melbourne vs Manly-Warringah

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mann isn't in our top 25 contract list - looks like we went pretty deep there!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not as deep an Manly did after meeting 'The Mann' :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Also last night just reinforced Jesse as the best prop in the game. Only man who comes close is Aaron Woods.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So true. .. J-Brom is a beast!! So glad he's staying!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I must say last night, besides the ferals in the away supporter bay, the manly fans surrounding me (and i do mean i was surrounded) were all great to be honest. There was some good natured sledging about each others team and actually was a better atmosphere than most home games.

Happy to see that not all Manly fans hate the storm and all their supporters lol
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You mus sit a LOOOOONG way away from me then, the Manly supporters in my area were feral!
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote:You mus sit a LOOOOONG way away from me then, the Manly supporters in my area were feral!
And no doubt very pissed off at the end..God luv 'em.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

they weren't happy, i'll say that much
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Had some arrogant muppet standing up, turning around and dancing every time Manly scored. Forks to the Storm supporters and then rubbing his ass for an awkwardly long period of time.

Hilarious to see him sitting on his hands when the scum fell in a hole.

Not that bad at all though considering some of the behaviour I have seen over the years.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Let's not forget Manly fans pissing into beer cups and throwing it at our supporters at Brookvale a few weeks after the cheating scandal broke.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Insomniac wrote:Lyon is who Manly missed tonight.
There did seem to be a distinct lack of over-the-top whinging and stupid expressions.
:lol: True!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Mann isn't in our top 25 contract list - looks like we went pretty deep there!
Does that mean we'll only be able to give him limited game time this season?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:What was with all the leg lifting in tackles tonight?
They put at least two players into dangerous positions - we were dead lucky that Storm weren't penalised for that first tackle on Notnow as well as the Hampton one - and there were 3 or 4 more that made me nervous.
Completely agree - I was nervous it was going to go wrong nearly every 'group' tackle. From memory, Jesse seemed to be a repeat offender with this, and we REALLY can't afford to be without him. With the luck we have, surely we shouldn't be tempting fate with this and it needs to be drilled out of our players now.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:Mann isn't in our top 25 contract list - looks like we went pretty deep there!
Does that mean we'll only be able to give him limited game time this season?
2nd tier cap is increased but I'm not certain how it works
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was just watching the replay of the game and paid particular attention to Hiku's 'try' that was overturned and awarded which for me was clearly knocked on. The sideline commentator said straight afterwards and i quote "It was fascinating to hear in unfold from the video refs point of view, i had the audio in my ears and initially after the first three replays they were supporting the onfield decision, those last couple though i think i agree with them and think it was a try"

So basically Klein and co in the VR's box thought that he had knocked it on from the first couple of angles yet on other angles thought he didn't touched it and overturned Hayne's original call of no try. How could it be classed as conclusive proof that he never touched it which is needed to overturn an onfield decision when a minute earlier they thought he did actually touch it? ???

It's got me stuffed how they didn't go from the front on angle because even blind freddy could see that when Williams touched it the impact made his hand clearly jolt forward. Or am i just seeing things that aren't there?