2014 Melbourne Storm Women In League Jersey

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

BLK has released a sneak peak of our jersey. Looks like there will be more pink and thinner navy lines compared to last year.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Last years WIL jersey was my favourite of all the gimmick jerseys we did. This one looks like it could be better.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Last years WIL jersey was my favourite of all the gimmick jerseys we did. This one looks like it could be better.
Agreed, I really liked the WIL jersey last year. I'm excited to see how the thinner navy lines look.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The online store went early so check it out now before they realise their mistake:

http://www.melbournestormshop.com.au/pr ... 326ppl.htm
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

absentee wrote:The online store went early so check it out now before they realise their mistake:

http://www.melbournestormshop.com.au/pr ... 326ppl.htm
That will look fantastic on field.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like a training shirt. Awful
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I know apparel companies like BLK need a fairly long lead time to produce gear - but according to the club, none of the jerseys released this year will have Crown Reports on the front. Really? Even jerseys released midway through the season. Pfft.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

absentee wrote:I know apparel companies like BLK need a fairly long lead time to produce gear - but according to the club, none of the jerseys released this year will have Crown Reports on the front. Really? Even jerseys released midway through the season. Pfft.
I don't think it has to do with the time to produce the gear, I think it is probably more due to the fact that Crown's contract for this year did not have them appearing front and centre on our replica jerseys. Which is fair enough, Crown are getting the agreed exposure as they are on all of the shorts being sold.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

brisbanestorm wrote:
absentee wrote:I know apparel companies like BLK need a fairly long lead time to produce gear - but according to the club, none of the jerseys released this year will have Crown Reports on the front. Really? Even jerseys released midway through the season. Pfft.
I don't think it has to do with the time to produce the gear, I think it is probably more due to the fact that Crown's contract for this year did not have them appearing front and centre on our replica jerseys. Which is fair enough, Crown are getting the agreed exposure as they are on all of the shorts being sold.
I didn't think of it like that. You're probably right. That would also explain why the new hoodies and jackets don't have Crown Resorts on them.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... nergy.html

We have a new shorts sponsor Lumo Energy
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Received my WIL jersey today. It's very nice in person - better than the promo shots, I think. Not sure if I'll actually wear it but it's a nice one for the collection.
brisbanestorm wrote:http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... nergy.html

We have a new shorts sponsor Lumo Energy
I wonder what happens to Crown then. Their deal was originally to be shorts sponsor for 2014-15. I figured after this year on the front of the jersey they'd go back to their original position next year - assuming the club lined up a new sponsor for 2015. Either Crown stays as major partner (not sure about that one since they seemed happy as shorts sponsor until the last minute upgrade), goes to front of shorts sponsor for 2015 with Lumo Energy on the back of shorts (unlikely since it's less than they started with), or perhaps Crown on front and back of shorts and Lumo Energy moving to the front of jersey for 2015-17. Out of those three, I think the last option might be the most likely. Of course, it's purely speculation on my part.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think it would be the second option assuming that Lumo's deal is less than Crowns. I can't see Lumo being the major sponsor or they would have wanted there logo on the jersey this year. I think it will be a case of whichever sponsor contributes more will get 2 spots on the shorts and the other sponsor will get 1.

If it is your third option Lumo's logo should fit better between the lightning bolts but the orange has the potential to look even uglier than the than the old blue Crown box.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Nice work to the Storm Marketing/ Sponsorship department.
In an overcrowded and competitive commercial market, it is good to get another sponsor on board. Will consider jumping from Energy Aust to Lumo, just to support our supporters.

It is interesting that the WIL jersey is not available to purchase directly from Rugby Fever. I was in Richmond this morning and popped into the store, only to be told that the Storm has decided to only sell it online and at the AAMI Park merch booth.

Ideally, I would like to see Suzuki become our front of jersey sponsor next year.