Ryan Tandy

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just announced on Channel Nine news that Ryan Tandy has been found dead. At this stage they are saying that it looks like a drug overdose. I know he did some stupid things but this is really sad. RIP Ryan
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Very sorry to hear this news. Very tragic indeed.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

RIP Ryan, you were one of my favourite players - life certainly can be tough
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Let's hope he has found piece. RIP Ryan.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

OMG..that is so SAD.. RIP Ryan. :(
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Very sad news, was a very good recruit for us in late 2009 and then his life must have gone off the rails after the betting scandal. RIP Ryan, you played a great part in the 2009 Grand Final.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Horrible news.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sad news of course when anyone dies...but he had golden opportunities that others could only dream of....and he choose to piss them all away with stupidity and greed.

I feel very sad for his family most of all...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

What a waste.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Such a young man with his whole life ahead of him. Sad to hear of his passing. Its a shame his mind got the better of him if the reports/rumours are true.

Rest in peace
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sad that such a talent made headlines for all the wrong reasons. I want to remember the player he was for us. I believe he is the first former Storm player to pass on. RIP Ryan, you'll always be a premiership player to me.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think I've seem nearly 10 ex players tweet or Instagram something which is nice

Arana Tamata
Steve Turner
Willie isa
Brett White
Todd Lowrie
Liam foren
Will chambers
James Maloney

It's nice seeing they care and they are all reminding everyone just who won the 09 premiership cause ryan did play in that game and won
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sallymay Joel Romelo tweeted something as well. He would have played with Tandy at the Bulldogs.

Ryan Tandy was one of my favourite players when he played for Balmain in the NSW Cup and then Ireland in the 2008 RLWC. When I saw on NRL Summertime on Fox in January 2009 that Wests Tigers had released him I emailed Frank Ponnissi and said that Tandy would be someone that would be worth recruiting.

Then Vossy made my day on the Footy Show one night when he said Tandy was set to sign with the Storm. We had the Central Coast Storm in the NSW Cup then and Tandy was from the Central Coast originally so I think that may have been another reason we signed him.

I think it was apt that on the Storm's website they showed a photo of Tandy from the 2009 Qualifying Final v Manly at Etihad. That was his best game for the Storm. I remember he made a number of dints in the Manly defensive line. On a couple of occasions he poked his nose through the line and big George lay on him for too long and he drew penalties.

He had stints with Dragons, Bunnies and Tigers for a total of 8 games plus a stint in the UK. But like so many other players he only turned himself into a regular first grader at the Storm. When the salary cap scandal hit and he left I was disappointing but also happy for Tandy that we had helped him get a regular gig in first grade at another club. The Bulldogs were also paying him more than we would have been.

Unfortunately the old spot / match fixing issue occurred. So sad to see how his career turned out considering he had worked so hard for years to get a regular crack at first grade.

My sympathies to his family and friends.

RIP Ryan.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter what a lovely tribute ... Thank u for sharing
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ryan Tandy was scapegoated for the match fixing scandal in a big way. There were a lot of much bigger names than him that were under investigation as well but will never be named in a public forum