Rd.8 ANZAC DAY - Melbourne Storm vs NZ Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not when Inglis is breaking 6 tackles and running 90m to score, no.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have spent over a decade talking up Slater, defending him and generally being in awe of him. But in all honesty, if QLD want to win this year, they have to select Inglis at FB and drop Slater.

Dropping bombs regularly.
Line break leads to a dropped ball.
Line break and kicks for no reason, with defence right there and nobody chasing.

When I played under 12s there was a skinny kid that would put in awful kicks quite regularly for no reason. The coach banned him from ever kicking again. Slater needs this ban.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater was ok I thought. Obviously doesn't recover as quick as he use to.
Some of our forwards offer no punch and need to go. Hinchcliffe & Norrie come to mind. Hoffman tried his heart out but I'd like to see a change there too.
Hampton played his best game for us. Jesse Bromwich is our best ever prop IMO.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The grubber off the line break I didn't think was too bad, just the execution wasnt quite there. Needed to kick it a bit harder for it to sit up in the in goal.

The kick with 10 seconds to go was just dumb. So was him looking for a grubber the play before.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

That Storm D rubbish has to go, makes me cringe every time i hear it i think i'm at a basketball game, c'mon Storm get rid of it!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

one-eyed wrote:That Storm D rubbish has to go, makes me cringe every time i hear it i think i'm at a basketball game, c'mon Storm get rid of it!
Thank goodness someone else thinks it.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

bula wrote:Slater was ok I thought. Obviously doesn't recover as quick as he use to.
Some of our forwards offer no punch and need to go. Hinchcliffe & Norrie come to mind. Hoffman tried his heart out but I'd like to see a change there too.
Hampton played his best game for us. Jesse Bromwich is our best ever prop IMO.
Billy was OK, but it's heartbreaking watching him reduced to mere mortal status this season.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

tugga wrote: Billy was OK, but it's heartbreaking watching him reduced to mere mortal status this season.
+1

Wishing he had retired from Origin last year and finished on his own terms. Playing Origin this year is probably only going to tarnish what he has done, but it also just wouldn't feel right if he was dropped.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

tugga wrote:Well that was ordinary.
And it's the last Anzac Day game I go to. Too many *lima lima lima duck* Kiwis being total dicks.
I know I am repeating myself week after week, but get rid of Storm D crap.
Sooooo...what's everyone doing in September?
I agree, this is going to be the last ANZAC Storm vs Warriors game I’m going to, I've had enough. Sure there was a huge crowd there tonight, but there were some real ferals there. People can't remain silent after the "Lest We Forget" words (during the final bugle passage), so called rugby league fans there tonight were the typical ones that show up once a year to get pissed and act like fools (saw one drunk guy have a big chunder on a couple of other people).

Anyway, in regards to the game itself, the Storm are lucky to not lose five in a row with that after the siren win over the Dragons in the middle of the losses. I don’t know what to say about this team at the moment other than we are heading for a bottom four finish the way we’re going. Defence is just absolutely woeful, attack very average. I thought Benny Hampton tried his guts out there tonight, all the forwards apart from Jesse Bromwich were almost non existent.

After three premierships (forget that we cheated in two), two runners up and a losing preliminary final between 2006-12, I think Storm fans forget how good we’ve had it and I seriously think this block of success is coming to the end of the road.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

one-eyed wrote:That Storm D rubbish has to go, makes me cringe every time i hear it i think i'm at a basketball game, c'mon Storm get rid of it!
Lol, I'm pretty sure one time the announcer said that, about two seconds later the Warriors scored.
Kya
Squall
Squall

I completely agree with you about all the kiwi dickheads that ruin the game. How hard is it to shut up for one minute? And I say that with a kiwi dad who can stand there and respect both anthems but you have all these dickhead one match warriors fan who start the chant during the end of the last post every year!

Hard to watch the storm at moment, not playing well and too many passengers. Deserved to be beaten but saying that, if I were Melbourne Storm I would petition NRL to never allow Ashley Klein referee us again.
Every time, every single time he screws us over. All I want is consistency. Blows us for offside than later turns around and talks to a kiwi player standing 2 metres in front of him as we play the ball.
Billy Slater gets his head taken off and a warrior players put on a crusher tackle that (dayne weston was suspended for and penalised for 2 weeks ago) and nothing.
And the strip penaltys........

Poor broncos got screwed by the same penalty in their game tonight, why can't a video ref overrule and tell the onfield that it is a dropped ball??

Love the Storm but am becoming more disillusioned with the state of the game.

Why don't they just kick out all non sydney teams and we can have another super league because they sure as he'll don't want any of us competing!
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

brisbanestorm wrote:
tugga wrote: Billy was OK, but it's heartbreaking watching him reduced to mere mortal status this season.
+1

Wishing he had retired from Origin last year and finished on his own terms. Playing Origin this year is probably only going to tarnish what he has done, but it also just wouldn't feel right if he was dropped.

Yeah, i had hoped he retired from rep footy last year - it was obvious then that injuries/being intentionally hammered every week had caught up.....a few less games may have helped...so i had thought - it seems the right time to retire from rep footy was a couple of years ago really, as far as trying to preserve his body goes anyway......If the selectors are being real, there's no way he should be picked - Does Queenslands dominance end at the same time as our dominance? Or does Billy put on the maroon, play like a champion and we win 12+ straight at the back end of the season to take what's ours? I like the sound of the latter 8)
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Queensland very rarely retire from rep football, but he is a strong chance of not being picked. Billy has to play better football in the next few weeks and for Australia next weekend of there is a very strong chance GI will be fullback
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Our attack this year has been lackluster and predictable and our defense most games does not exist. I agree with a lot of people regarding hinchy moving back to the bench and norrie moving OUT of Melbourne. Also slater has looked so tired and damaged this season! Maybe as the roosters do we switch him in and out during the game?? Also hoffy needs to be moved to the bench also or even replaced with someone like moors! And 5/8 first Hampton who started the season ok but has really dropped off and his D is terrible to Roberts who I thought would do ok for us has done nothing in attack but can defend pretty good, yet there is a kid by the name of walker waiting in the wings and absolutely carving up in qld and belly wants mor consistency?? It's time Craig! We need a change!

1. Robinson/ young t?????
2. Waqa
3. Chambers
4. Hunt/Robinson
5. Oneil
6 WALKER
7 cronk
8 j brom
9 smith
10 garbutt(McLean)
11 proctor
12 Harris
13 k brom
14 hinchy
15 moors
16 glasby
17 rose(garbutt)

Come on Craig ITS TIME!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm glad I am not the only one who was pissed off at the crowd behaviour tonight (and last year and the year before that), the majority of whom I think were once a year Kiwis who just wanted to act like tools.
Having said that, all the Kiwis I know are great people and I am not deliberating trying to taint a whole nation of wonderful people with the same brush.
Oh, and have I mentioned that get RID OF STORM D?????????????????
Sorry, just got home from the game and am exhausted and honestly it's a long trip and big effort for me to go to games. I feel totally deflated.