Rd.8 ANZAC DAY - Melbourne Storm vs NZ Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

It's not the club getting the money, it's Ticketek.
The club can't just "hold" x-amount of seats just in case all the GA members turn up so those who want to go need to get a "reserved" ticket and that's the extra cost.
Don't forget that not everyone who is a member goes to all the games - even reserved seat members miss games too.
Could you imagine the uproar if the club held say 8000 GA seats for all general members and only 2000 turned up? If it was a "sellout" game then 6000 people would have missed out.
That's the reasoning. Also, there was mention of the "blockbuster" games being fully ticketed in the membership brochures.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tigger is correct.
if you support a big AFL club and buy a GA membership, you will be required to upgrade three or four times per season.
For Storm, it happens once. Hardly a big deal.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am upset that I will be missing this years game. I have to work Fri arvo, Sat & Sun,, so I am glad that someone else can buy my seat. I always go to First,, ANZAC DAY and last game and hopefully get to a few others(depending on job).
ANZAC DAY game is the only OZ vs NZ game and Storm do it REALLY WELL. Too bad the nrl don`t promote this game as such.

I am a Country member cos I reside in sadelaide and I always upgrade my ticket when i go to Melbourne,
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:I am upset that I will be missing this years game. I have to work Fri arvo, Sat & Sun,, so I am glad that someone else can buy my seat. I always go to First,, ANZAC DAY and last game and hopefully get to a few others(depending on job).
ANZAC DAY game is the only OZ vs NZ game and Storm do it REALLY WELL. Too bad the nrl don`t promote this game as such.

I am a Country member cos I reside in sadelaide and I always upgrade my ticket when i go to Melbourne,
:'( ..... I will yell and scream and support even louder.... just for you Stormy
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Late mail coming through is that Konrad Hurrell might be an inclusion.

Certainly makes the Warriors a little more dangerous.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit wrote:
stormy wrote:I am upset that I will be missing this years game. I have to work Fri arvo, Sat & Sun,, so I am glad that someone else can buy my seat. I always go to First,, ANZAC DAY and last game and hopefully get to a few others(depending on job).

:'( ..... I will yell and scream and support even louder.... just for you Stormy
Awww that is so nice of you to do that for me SS. :director: :director: :director: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: I will do my bit here in sadelaide.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our defence is rubbish. We can't hold the ball. We can't catch a high ball.

Struggle town.

Somehow we are only down by 6. That is a miracle.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater is struggling taking a high ball and the bounce just wasn't going our way at all.
Defense has been better than previous weeks I think considering the weight of possession the Warriors had.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Defence has been ok considering how much we've done. Slater dropping another high ball led to another try. Just not doing the basics right. He catches the ball and they don't score their second try.

It's a big call and it's sad but Slater is pretty much on his last legs as a player. I hope he retires this year.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater kicks for no reason to kill the last 15 seconds we had attacking the a Warriors line. Classic Slater.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well done Bill. At least we only let them score 3 tries.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well that was ordinary.
And it's the last Anzac Day game I go to. Too many lima lima lima duck Kiwis being total dicks.
I know I am repeating myself week after week, but get rid of Storm D crap.
Sooooo...what's everyone doing in September?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:Sooooo...what's everyone doing in September?
Not watching the footy. Storm will not be there.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Defence on their 3rd try was piss poor, otherwise I thought it was a better defensive effort considering how much we had to do.

Second half looked good, then we brought Norrie and Hinchcliffe back on. Complete and utter momentum killer. Garbutt needed more minutes, his runs were good in the limited time he had.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

hinchcliffe was awful. Slater surely can't be picked for SOO on this year's form either.