Benji Marshall seeks return to NRL

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Mauritian wrote:
Forget Cody, he is on his way to Souths next year. Lets not develop him for them. We won't get benji but I think he would be good for us for the rest of the year. If he was smart he would come here. But I think he will go and play for bottom of the table sharks.
Well, he certainly will be if Bellamy continues to waste him in the reggies.
In what possible way would Marshall benefit us this year? He wouldn't improve our attack, if anything all his sideways running would make it worse. And his defence is poor at best and we're struggling there at the moment.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Let's not forget that even if we do land him there is always the possibility of him not being allowed to play down the track a la weston last year
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we sign Benji, it'll be a 2-3 year deal and doing that would basically tell our young halves we don't trust them and they'll look to move on. Both Walker and Hampton are off contract this year, Mann off contract in 2015. Wouldn't expect them to want to hang around if the club throws money at Benji.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Disagree.... It would only be a contract until the end of the season.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What would be the point of Benji signing a 4 month deal for $80 ? NRL wont think thats fair value at all.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We scored 10 points at home to the team with the worst defence in the comp. You can't tell me that a "fit" Benji Marshall couldn't help us???
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why? Has he learnt to tackle?
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Last time I checked you don't need to tackle when your attacking the oppositions line....
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Give credit to the Warriors. We threw everything in our play book at them and we couldn't crack them. Hampton was great tonight. Have faith in the youth.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

But apart from the Bulldogs, we seem to be throwing everything we have in every game. We were winning by small margins now we are loosing by small margins. Every team knows what is coming, it is always the same. I have never played a game of league in my life and I know what is coming.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Comes down to playing more ad lib footy. What do you think is more likely ? Us signing Benji and allowing him to play his natural game ? Or sign Benji and try to fit him into our structure ? Bellamy is stubborn.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

routy21 wrote:We scored 10 points at home to the team with the worst defence in the comp. You can't tell me that a "fit" Benji Marshall couldn't help us???
Yes, I can.
Go back and watch his last 2 years with the tigers. All he did was run sideways, and his try assists were way down on his glory years.
I don't think he would have done any better in attack than Hampton did last night, and his defence would have been worse.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm just saying it's worth the risk... If Bellamy gets him fit and firing we will be very hard to beat. We've got nothing to lose.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would love to see Benji in a navy, purple and white jersey, however I don't want him at the expense of Ben Hampton who is off contract and could be lost to the Storm if we sign Benji. He was our best player against the Warriors in what was a really poor team performance.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://m.nrl.com/benji-marshall-signs-w ... fault.aspx

Done deal......wonder how he'll go - could be a scary combo