Benji Marshall seeks return to NRL

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

If you watched today's Eels v Dragons game...
...that is why I didn't want him
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:If you watched today's Eels v Dragons game...
...that is why I didn't want him
Agreed. Horrible game from Marshall. I only watched the last 20mins and in that time he had three involvements; 1. Tackled for a loss. 2. Threw a pass a metre behind Harrison for a knock on. 3. Threw a cutout pass to his winger at least 3 metres behind him and into row F.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Benji would go very well next to Cooper. THE perfect partner for him.

Not so good next to Gareth whos kicking and decision making doesn't handle pressure well, then x that by 3 for Benji.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure playing next to anybody helps Benji right now.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If your talking about Benji the one thing he has lacked for most of his Career is a dominant 7 ( he's not wally lewis).

If your talking about Gareth he's been struggling for a while trying to be the man. He's not a general, he should be left to run the ball and not much else
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While i certainly wasn't upset we never got Marshall, given it was only his first game back after a decent lay off from the game i'm not sure you could expect much more from him tbh. I've no doubt he'll improve but not enough to wish that we got him. As for Widdop, i hope he's enjoying stepping out of the shadows of the big 3 as was his desire only to be exposed as being nothing more than a good average footballer who has the odd blinder every now and then. Certainly not worth the $550k a year but he did well to get it and can't blame him for taking it.

lol@stains.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

c`mon you have to give benji a bit of time to settle in.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He was never gonna play amazing after having one training session with the team and apparently no training sessions with Gareth widdop
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He would have been good for us. I have no idea why he went with the dragons. I bet he watched us Friday night, and thought"that would be a fun team to play for". He chose money and tv over success.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:He would have been good for us. I have no idea why he went with the dragons. I bet he watched us Friday night, and thought"that would be a fun team to play for". He chose money and tv over success.
Reports at the time said he refused to even talk to us until a legitimate offer was on the table. If that is even close to the truth, he deserves to get smashed every week for the rest of his career. Arrogance has no place at our club which is built on humility (see Bellamy in the recent post game press conference, Cam at the post training press conference during the week) and hardwork.

He took the money option, as expected. I am very glad we did not pick up a washed up Marshall.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Cam at the post training press conference during the week) and hardwork.
Wait...what? Are these weekly? If so are they available online like the post match ones?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:
yourhero wrote:Cam at the post training press conference during the week) and hardwork.
Wait...what? Are these weekly? If so are they available online like the post match ones?
I believe there is a weekly slot for Bellamy to talk to the media... Perhaps there is not enough content to share a video each week though? They appear regularly ike the weekly injury updates with Tony that occur. Storm website has them.