George Rose Wants A Release

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-09/r ... ct/5377346
Absolutely disgraceful, it's not even the sixth round and he wants to walk away. No wonder he didn't play much game time in the first three rounds and now I don't even blame Bellyache for not selecting him anymore. Definitely not what I call a Melbourne Storm player, he's a quitter. At least see out the year, this is just piss poor. What an absolutely gutless attitude.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh, there was plenty of gut involved... (sorry, couldn't help myself!)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Remember when he was a "good signing" for us ? He's now just a wasted roster spot.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So annoyed at this...he comes here learns all our plays ect then we let him go egh so crap
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What is it with grown men who can't spend a year away from home. How old is this child again? Pride, George and Cody, good start to the year so far.
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

mattstormy wrote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-09/r ... ct/5377346
Absolutely disgraceful, it's not even the sixth round and he wants to walk away. No wonder he didn't play much game time in the first three rounds and now I don't even blame Bellyache for not selecting him anymore. Definitely not what I call a Melbourne Storm player, he's a quitter. At least see out the year, this is just piss poor. What an absolutely gutless attitude.
The flip side is that he wants a release because the club is refusing to play him when they should. He was very good in the first game and then hardly got any minutes after this and is now out of the side. It might be that the club has decided he doesn't offer what they want or that they want to support our other props. It seems strange that he has been treated this way. I don't know the story but this might not all be on George, the club & coaching staff might also have driven this. No point him hanging around and playing the year out in lower grades if he has been told he is no longer in their plans and is only a back up if needed. If they had plans to use him with Jordan out he would be in the side this week.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Despite speculation in the media today, Melbourne Storm has confirmed forward George Rose will remain with the club for the 2014 season.

Storm Football Director, Frank Ponissi, said the 136 game veteran would stay in Melbourne.

“George is a valued player at the Melbourne Storm and will remain a key member of our 2014 squad.”

“The club’s player welfare team has worked closely with George to assist with his transition from Sydney and will continue to do so for the remainder of the season.”

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... ourne.html
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There was article in the pre-season about how he "nearly called it a day".

F*ck this soft cock off, thanks.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

he couldn't get a game for manly early last year too. he needs to have a good look at himself and work out why it keeps happening to him. my guess is he is lazy and doesn't want to work as hard as the others.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well u can guess which player won't be back next year bye Georgie
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote:What is it with grown men who can't spend a year away from home. How old is this child again?
I would expect something like this from an 18-21 year old rookie, but not a 31 year old veteran who has been in the NRL since 2004. Oh well, I guess he didn't like Jenny "Craig" Bellamy's training regime. He'll just have to suck it up for the remainder of 2014 before he returns to living the good life of pies, pizza and beer.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Very p!ss poor performance from him.
Very annoyed at a lot of things NRL at the moment.
The spear tackles seem ok if we're on the receiving end.
The dodgy penalties to lose a game is ok too, if we're on the receiving end.

what a joke.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There might be more to it....but if there isn't - he's soft and undeserving of representing the Storm. I'd say let him go....but if there's nothing in it for us, he can watch from the stands and pick up his cheque...hopefully undoing the work done to get him fit via late night trips to maccas...

Although I'd be happier if whatever the issue is gets sorted - and he contributes the way everyone knows he can!