Round 6 - Storm vs Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We're also 2 from 2 when he plays. Good luck charm etc haha.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thats the spirit lol
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty average refereeing effort. The Proctor try pulled up for a forward pass was the worst for mine.

Tonumaipea played the ball as the siren started and whilst I thought it was ok, the TV clock not being in sync with the game clock made it look worse. I'd probably be a bit miffed if it was the other way around though.

Just about put a line through the Storm for 2014.

Only played up tempo footy when behind by 14. Pulled that game out of our ass. Looked like a bunch of 12 year olds trying to tackle Josh Dugan most of the game.

Slater is almost done as one of the game's elite players. F*cking disgraceful 2014 form and needs to turn it around immediately. Hoffman must go. Hinchcliffe must be benched.

Well done to Smith, Jessie, Young and Proc who all played well.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I switched it off before full time. What a surprise I got when facebook started blowing up!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Was actually pretty impressed with O'Neill tonight. Probably still don't see him as a centre, but our fringe backs are the ones who have been performing well which can only be a good thing. Thought Roberts was good. Had some good kicks and his distribution was good, plus he really excelled when we started to throw the ball around. He didn't do anything that Hampton can't do, but I think with his experience he is probably a better fit atm. I agree with whoever said that Hoffman was trying very hard, but also agree that he seems past it. Definitely not the best way to win a game, but we do seem to win a lot of games like this which says a lot about the club.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am estatic we won considering those couple of ordinary ref calls....The hoodoo continues for the dragqueens.haven`t beaten Storm in Melbourne since semi final in 99. great to snatch the win from them in dying seconds of the game.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Dragons supporters are by far the worst Ive ever had to sit near. The mole who would not shut up the entire match needed a muzzle put on her, and so did her drongo girlfriends. The male supporters on the other hand were not bad at all, besides a few having a go at an older storm fan.

Enough about that...

I thought the boys played the middle 40minutes of the game with little heart. We started and finished quite well but we died off. I think Cam was great injecting himself into the play more often than usual, alot more dummy running. Also the offloads are working 80% of the time, creating gaps and easy meters I hope this catches on because that is the key to how teams are getting by us.

Young T keeps impressing me every week, there are shakey areas of his game btu thats to be expected in his first year. Great footwork, level head and strong runs, love it! Couldnt believe that we were tackled twice on the 5th with the ball in our hands, piss poor.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Jesse Bromwich 18 runs 170m 27 tackles 4 offloads 1 try

Mitch Garbutt 10 runs 109m 27 tackles 2 offloads

Bryan Norrie 5 runs 41m 21 tackles

Hmmmm i know who my starting front row would be next week!!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Jesse Bromwich 18 runs 170m 27 tackles 4 offloads 1 try

Mitch Garbutt 10 runs 109m 27 tackles 2 offloads

Bryan Norrie 5 runs 41m 21 tackles

Hmmmm i know who my starting front row would be next week!!
I really hate to agree but Noz's time starting on the field has got to be coming to an end soon. He just doesnt have the same impact he once did.

JB is just an absolute freak. The new era has a leader and its JB. JB is good JB is great, All hail JB
Monsoon
Monsoon

Next week

1 Slater
2. Waqa
3. Chambers/Fonua (Judiciary)
4. O'Neill
5. Tounemaipea
6. Roberts
7. Cronk
8. J.Bromwich
9. Smith (c)
10. Garbutt
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. K.Bromwich

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Moors
16. Hoffman
17. Rose

I know we play safe and conservative, but the boys proved tonight and same against manly, when we get a free reign to play some ad lib offloading footy we look 1000 times better, time to let the lads run free CB, the rest of the comp are aware of our old tactics!!

Ill return to fantasy land now.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

NEVER, EVER GIVE UP! And to those Storm fans that started leaving with 15 mins to go, fairweather supporters get what they deserve.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Turtle188 wrote:NEVER, EVER GIVE UP! And to those Storm fans that started leaving with 15 mins to go, fairweather supporters get what they deserve.
i hate that

they can piss off for good imo

don't bother coming to any future games you tossers
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have to admit I thought we ran out of time.
However, after the dodgy call we got last week, all I can say is, swings and roundabouts
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Player ratings (backs)
Billy Slater: seems to have lost his pace. Made a couple of bad errors under high ball and poor play the ball in last couple of minutes. Also threw poor pass behind Sisa to blow almost certain try. Put in two good kicks for try and line dropout. 6
Sisa Waqa: made a couple of errors, unusually ineffective in defence (has been all year), made a couple of good offloads and threw that pass in last play 6
Will Chambers: clearly his best game in both defence and attack this year. How good was his composure when he knocked ball from Dugan's hand to regather and score? Shame he will get suspended for 2 or 3 weeks. I assume Mahe will replace him. 8.5
Justin O'Neill: Was relatively solid, made some good tackles and didn't make any big errors. 7
Young Tonumaipea: Magnificent, his runs out of our end are sensational, always puts his hand up and seems to be backing up all the time. Still sometimes gets caught out in defence. Showed great hands collecting Hoffy's tap back and then passed to Jesse for try. Scored that try. 8
Ben Roberts: Made a couple of errors, but also was quite damaging with his ball running, particularly late in the game. Made the break to set up Cronk 's try. 7
Cooper Cronk: Heavily involved as usual, threw pass for one of Chambers' tries, put up kick for Jesse's try. Made a couple of bad kicks on last tackle. Backed up Roberts to score try. 7.5
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I will put my forward ratings up in about an hour.