Storm - Auckland 9s Side

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Could've easily won all three games which is a definite positive.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I didn't find many defensive positives, in fact I was pretty embarrassed to be a storm supporter watching those games. Wish Bellamy had sent Hampton and Walker to get them some big crowd experience. Should have left Hoffman and Griffin out they were both useless in all games. Sisa Waqa also worries me. He was poor in the world cup and was poor here.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Harris and Chambers were our best. Garbutt and Duffie were quite good. I agree Hoffy and Griffin didn't do much. I think it is a bit harsh to call Sisa poor.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Its just Waqa's defence, no problem with his attack. To me it looks like from the end of last year to now he has really lost form. His finals games last year were poor too.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's funny that we probably make it through if we had taken it a bit more seriously.

Bellamy loves his work horses which is why he went with Griffin/Hoffman over other players. Both Bromwich bros, Walker and Kaufusi would have shined in this tournament.

Positives are that some young guys got some games in for us to see. Harris looks to be in for a really good season, Garbutt should force his way into the regular 17 week in week out and Chambers is origin ready.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am just glad to come away from the tournament without any injuries. It gave some our lesser known players game time so alls good in my world.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Garbutt is starting to really excite me, smoky for round 1?
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Not really a smokey given most, including myself, had Garbutt in their run-on team for round one. He should definitely be there and starting alongside Bromwich would be the perfect front-row combination with Rose & McLean coming off the bench. Norrie was a let down last year so hopefully Bellamy was also disappointed with Norrie's performance and goes with the four props mentioned above.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Fonua looks like he's got the size to be a pretty destructive centre. Hopefully if he's not playing first grade he'll get regular games there in reserve grade at least. Also agree that Hoffman was poor. As good a club man as he has been, I do not want to lose Proctor or Harris over him. I put him in the same category as Norrie. Fantastic for experience but he should not be picked ahead of younger players if he does not perform.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoffy needs structure to play off, not worried there. Norrie is more concerning, I hope Garbutt does get picked ahead of him although he probably won't.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While I agree with what people have said about Norrie's form last year. Surely if Craig was unhappy with him we would have let him go to Super League as reported.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:Fonua looks like he's got the size to be a pretty destructive centre.
Hes got the size to let centers run around him more like it.

Everyone whos watched him for a few years knows what he is. Liked the physique of Richie Kennar though, he's grown a bit more, shame he had no-one to get him some decent ball.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pity about Kennar's brainsnap against St George too... anyone heard anything about the match review?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They gave it a grade 4 careless high tackle and he pleaded guilty so will miss one match of the 2015 Nines tournament.

I don't understand how it's a grade 4 careless high tackle but him only getting one game. I didn't see any contact with the head from the footage I've seen.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ah, ok. wasn't sure if they penalties carried over to NRL - not that it would have mattered he won't play for a bit anyway but just curious.
It was a shocker from the footage I saw. It was more a strike than a high tackle imo so he might be lucky