Under 20's Thunderbolts...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
huttriverofnz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Do we have the name of the new coach and the squad for 2014. Any ideas yet for a captain or is that coming after the trials? :-D
huttriverofnz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Have seen the squad, but why no coach? the Storm appears to be still obsessed with NRL. Other clubs, such as Warriors, regularly give info on their younger players. Warriors have won the NYC and were beaten finalists in 2013. >:(
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saw the 20s training the other day I saw the coach but I have know idea who he was
fisheater
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Matt Adamson is the coach and Marc Brentnall is the Assistant coach.

My tip for captain is Christain Welch but that's just a guess.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

His the ex Canberra coach right...I knew I heard somthing about the 20s the other day
fisheater
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I believe he was assistant coach at Penrith in 2007 & 2008.
huttriverofnz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Does anybody know the current status of Pride Petterson-Robati? Is he injured? ::)
huttriverofnz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Good reult tonight. A good run for the newbies too. :-D
fisheater
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Who played well?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster was the standout
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

How did Nelson Asofa-Solomona play? And what position did they have him play in?
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't tell you mate it was played in Albury will post a match report when there is one
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Sally May, that will be excellent if you find and post a match report :-)
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
huttriverofnz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I noted the Nines team has been named with some T/Boltz among them ::) . I also noted PPR appears to be out in the cold with the club.
Luther
Squall
Squall

Pride is in the process of being disciplined for issues I will not disclose as im not sure how reliable my source is-and in respect to the kid. Hope it gets sorted asap cos he's too good-he's easily one of our best u20 players.

In regards to the trial against Canberra, most of the forwards and backs played well... new recruit Nelson Asofa-Solomona was offloading at will, breaking the line often-he's a talent.. Eli Vole-I think he's lock,a new recruit aswell- played a solid game-hit anything that came his way strong defender! ... Reuben Rennie and his winger Kirisomi caused havoc on the left side-Kirisomi pulled a big hit on a second rower I think and injured him took him out of the game-he ran hard and bent Canberra's line a few times, and Reuben will def be a future superstar for us, ballskills,offloads,footwork,strength-this kid's got it all.. Vunivalu was the other kid that stood out to me, reminds me of Sisa Waqa- athletic and natural footballer.. does anyone know whether Munster will be playing 20s? It seemed like a really young side that played 2 days ago.. if Munster plays, aswell as Pride and some other kids missing from last year's side our Thunderbolts would be formidable contenders this year. What do you guys think?