Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:54 pm
sallymay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:45 pm Yes but not lol
Cryptic as always sallymay :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you mean Yes you'd want him at Storm.......but probably it won't happen because Storm wont make a move for him ?
I don’t think we need him but won’t be surprised if he is given a contract
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I doubt nofo comes to Melbourne, part of his falling out with the tiger is he was more or less told he wouldn't be playing first grade. I can't see him coming to melboure to be a depth signing.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If we were certain we'd make a gun centre out of Warbrick and/or Coates I'd do it. But I'm more concerned about trying to fit in Meaney, Sua and Howarth (is he centre or 2nd row?) than plonking Nofo on a wing and having yet another experiment.

We need gun middle forwards and a quality centre to replace Olam. That's about it at this stage.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Discontented, out of form, defensively fragile outside back? That'd be a great investment.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:12 pm Discontented, out of form, defensively fragile outside back? That'd be a great investment.
Was he that because he was at the Tigers?

I’ve got no idea….but maybe spending time with the Storm and then having to go back to that absolute rabble of a Club was the worst thing for him and his career.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hard pass on Nofa

We already have essentially Sua, Meaney, Howarth, Seve, Anderson, Young, Bradley and Ieremia competing for one backline spot, don’t need another who has a poor attitude.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Talking about wingers, I really think our outside men are made to look and react as they do by the people inside them. (Anyone ever tried being a winger and having to rely on those inside them? FB is much easier with a roving commission - so long as you can tackle...)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked I agree. Look at all the criticism Suli used to get on the wing in defence.

I think we also need to use the wingers more on attack with bombs to them.

Look at Warbrick in the final against the Roosters. Plus we have Xavier Coates.
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

Apparently Brenko Lee has signed with the Tigers
sheet_ed
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Holy shit…Sua has re-signed with Storm till 2028. He must have a heap of faith in the Club’s direction for him
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It’s a good story for him and the club but definitely an interesting one. Still has a lot to prove and not entirely sure what this means for Paps now outside of I’m not sure we should expect him to be around for much longer?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m so happy for Sua and his family
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cole Geyer has left the club effective immediately, he has returned to the Gold Coast to play for Burleigh in the QLD Cup.

Good luck Cole!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cole Geyer has today announced he is leaving effective immediately taking up a position at the Berleigh bears

I think the writing was on the wall RD 27 last year when he was overlooked to play

I think the grooming of Keagan Russell smith is also pointing to him leaving as well

Actually really disappointed