Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:28 pm NAS is the kind of person who would put up an Instagram post with something calling out the journalist and that it's fake news if these rumours were false.

So far we have an insta story made 3hrs ago on a purple background with a hand waving. That's enough to me to feel like these rumours might actually be true.

Maybe Olam's exit left a bad taste in his mouth? Or perhaps the unusual absenses from pre season and team photo day was too much for the managers of the club given recent years (no Vax etc).
Yeh that post really is interesting
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:33 pm
nacho wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:28 pm NAS is the kind of person who would put up an Instagram post with something calling out the journalist and that it's fake news if these rumours were false.

So far we have an insta story made 3hrs ago on a purple background with a hand waving. That's enough to me to feel like these rumours might actually be true.

Maybe Olam's exit left a bad taste in his mouth? Or perhaps the unusual absenses from pre season and team photo day was too much for the managers of the club given recent years (no Vax etc).
Yeh that post really is interesting
Besides a few happy snaps in Fiji he's been basically non existent on storm socials given his position and brand within the team, he also is not in any leadership groups which for me is a shock given he's also one of the older heads in the team.

I hate this truly but really think this story is true.

When I also think about how he didn't answer Jesse Bromwich's calls when he was unable to train with the team he may be quite happy being disconnected from the team

He is also in the process of selling , or may have already sold, his Essendon home
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nelson's Instagram is down at of 725am this morning. Where theres smoke...
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:25 am Nelson's Instagram is down at of 725am this morning. Where theres smoke...
Well…if it’s an accurate summation of NAS’s current status with the Club, I would be shocked if the upheaval causes him to perform at anywhere the same level with another Club. I just don’t see such a disruption being something that settles NAS…which appears to what he’s needed to eventually play decent footy at Storm. I’d be disappointed to see him leave bc when it all comes together he’s so incredible to watch…I really hope there’s no accuracy in it all 😔😔
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:43 am
nacho wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:25 am Nelson's Instagram is down at of 725am this morning. Where theres smoke...
Well…if it’s an accurate summation of NAS’s current status with the Club, I would be shocked if the upheaval causes him to perform at anywhere the same level with another Club. I just don’t see such a disruption being something that settles NAS…which appears to what he’s needed to eventually play decent footy at Storm. I’d be disappointed to see him leave bc when it all comes together he’s so incredible to watch…I really hope there’s no accuracy in it all 😔😔
Ever since Suli left he's appeared to be a lone wolf. Wouldn't be surprised to see a QLD move for him to be reunited with a good mate.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:02 am
Storm Spirit wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:43 am
Ever since Suli left he's appeared to be a lone wolf. Wouldn't be surprised to see a QLD move for him to be reunited with a good mate.
It makes little sense though why he would agree to a 4 year extension only last year if he felt so alienated. He had the option to walk to another club or Rugby.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nelson is in the sheds with his arms around the boys and the biggest smile on his face singing the team song.

Speaks volumes.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nas may actually be struggling with the sale of his home, there's a lot of sentimentality there with the ties to his late father.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:27 pm Nas may actually be struggling with the sale of his home, there's a lot of sentimentality there with the ties to his late father.
He sold it already ..it was on real estate.com say he sold his Essendon house and brought in moonee ponds
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 am
Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:27 pm Nas may actually be struggling with the sale of his home, there's a lot of sentimentality there with the ties to his late father.
He sold it already ..it was on real estate.com say he sold his Essendon house and brought in moonee ponds
Auctioned on the second of march, so still probably going thru settlement, moving everything out. It's definitely recent enough that it could be impacting him.

On the plus side, he did buy another house in Melbourne, whilst its not a guarantee he's not leaving, it doesn't look like he's trying to cut ties with the place
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Honestly I think we’re all jumping at shadows …if he was fit and playing these convos wouldn’t be happening …he did his hammy and is coming back from it stupid journos making shit up and NAS responding ..when he comes back and plays this will all be forgotten about again …
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

“There are a few clubs interested and making inquiries. One of them is the Melbourne Storm, the other one is the St George Illawarra Dragons and the Roosters are having discussions internally about Taylan May,” Chammas said.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 8ffa1899b5
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No! Stay away from that whole family please!!!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

James Hooper from Fox Sports
STORM’S $800K ENFORCER AT CROSSROADS
Big, bad Nelson Asofa-Solomona was widely regarded as the most damaging front row forward in the game a couple of seasons ago.
A giant of a man with an equally big motor and an underrated soft pair of hands, big Nelson, James Fisher Harris and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves all had a struck match between them as the most physical and dominant props in the game.
Right now Asofa-Solomona is at a crossroads after returning to the Melbourne Storm pre-season overweight and struggling with a hamstring injury.
We’re still yet to see big Nelson this season and even when we do it will most likely be through one of the Melbourne Storm’s feeder clubs the Sunshine Coast Falcons or the North Sydney Bears.
Big Nelson has fallen out of favour at the Storm to the point where rival clubs are monitoring the situation and crunching the numbers should Melbourne decide to make a hardline decision.
Asofa-Solomona is extremely close with Melbourne chairman Matt Tripp to the point where it took the Storm boss to convince him to refrain from making the switch to rugby union last season.
On a four-year deal worth around $800,000-a-season, the Storm have never shown a propensity for retaining players who aren’t completely invested in what the team is trying to achieve.
There’s nothing happened yet but there’s certainly a big watch on what happens next for big NAS.

He could be just jumping on all the other rumours to write a story.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There remains nothing new or concrete about the rumours. All speculation with no actual facts behind it.