Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:45 pm Scott Drinkwater has decided not to take up the another year option on his Storm contract and test the open market. He believes he is now third in line for the full back spot (Herald Sun). Rumor has the Roosters want him as Cronks replacement (Sydney papers).

Bulldogs want Joe Stimson before 30th June this year as he is not getting any game time at Melbourne (Sporting News).
I am surprised by Drinkwater's decision. He had been told he had first shot at number one. He is unfortunately injured, and both Jahrome and Ryan P do well . One would have thought he would have stayed and fought for his spot , even if it is in the halves. At Origin time, someone needs to play five eighth.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I suppose even it Scott Drinkwater leaves we have Billy Walters to cover the depth in the halves.

Will be interesting to see if the club lets Joe walk or if they give him an indication of how he could return to first grade some time soon. I would have thought there are a couple of NRL squads (incl the Bulldogs) where Joe would just walk straight in to the starting lineup.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Danger D wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:32 am I suppose even it Scott Drinkwater leaves we have Billy Walters to cover the depth in the halves.

Will be interesting to see if the club lets Joe walk or if they give him an indication of how he could return to first grade some time soon. I would have thought there are a couple of NRL squads (incl the Bulldogs) where Joe would just walk straight in to the starting lineup.
Cooper Johns doing well at the Falcons as well.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

ALX22 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:01 pm
Danger D wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:32 am I suppose even it Scott Drinkwater leaves we have Billy Walters to cover the depth in the halves.

Cooper Johns doing well at the Falcons as well.
Is he?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Online Daily Telegraph has Joe Stimson signing will the Bulldogs today, an announcement to be made shortly.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:22 pm Online Daily Telegraph has Joe Stimson signing will the Bulldogs today, an announcement to be made shortly.
Hasn't really come on has he ?

Would have been great to retain....but I'd prefer to free up coin to keep Christian Welch...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some internet chatter that Joey Stimson and Welchy may have signed with Canterbury and that an announcement is imminent.

Anyone heard any specific news ?

Would have loved to keep Welchy ......cant believe that the cap is that tight after offloading both Kasiano and Cheyse.

Hope hope hope that the Club is putting a lot of effort into retaining Scott Drinkwater...
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stimson has signed with the Bulldogs according to the Daily Telegraph.

Rumor has Welch going to the Rabbits
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wonder what reserve graders we sign by June 30 to replace them with will be?

Bet we could keep Drinkwater if we moved him back into the halves.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:42 pm Wonder what reserve graders we sign by June 30 to replace them with will be?

Bet we could keep Drinkwater if we moved him back into the halves.
agreed.

Drinkwater will be better than Croft, Hughes and Pappy.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It is official, Storm has announced Stimson to leave the club.

New rumor Drinkwater to the Cowboys before 30th June.

Love how everyone leaves but we sign no one
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just wild to me that our depth at fullback is too good that Drinkwater has gone from going to start round 1 to now possibly being on a completely different team 3 months later. And that we have no one putting Brodie Croft's first grade spot under pressure.

Hmm.
shorton
Squall
Squall

How the hell is our salary cap so lima lima lima duck up that we are losing all of these players yet teams like the Roosters keep signing more stars??!!

lima lima lima duck me dead.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

shorton wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:50 am How the hell is our salary cap so *lima lima lima duck* up that we are losing all of these players yet teams like the Roosters keep signing more stars??!!
It's less about salary cap than about depth. Stimson will go from a sometimes bench player to a pretty much guaranteed starter at the Dogs. If he goes to the Cowboys it will be much the same for Drinky.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:26 am Just wild to me that our depth at fullback is too good that Drinkwater has gone from going to start round 1 to now possibly being on a completely different team 3 months later. And that we have no one putting Brodie Croft's first grade spot under pressure.

Hmm.
You can add Hynes as another full back option as well. I just wonder that as so much work and games have been put into Croft , to turn around now and say he's not up to it could make put certain people in a bad light?