Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 pm Why would you want us to pay top dollar for Dane Gagai?
I don't know about top dollar, but if he'd come here for whatever we can afford to pay him then I'd definitely take him!

Without JAC next year we're going to be in trouble in the Centre/Wing positions (aside from Olam), particularly if Jennings & Reimis are the best that we can do currently! I know Brenko is still to return, and I see potential in Reimis, but we're definitely going to need decent reinforcements to complement those three. Or am I forgetting that we already have someone of Gagai's calibre on the roster for next season?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:34 pm
blazza18 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 pm Why would you want us to pay top dollar for Dane Gagai?
I don't know about top dollar, but if he'd come here for whatever we can afford to pay him then I'd definitely take him!

Without JAC next year we're going to be in trouble in the Centre/Wing positions (aside from Olam), particularly if Jennings & Reimis are the best that we can do currently! I know Brenko is still to return, and I see potential in Reimis, but we're definitely going to need decent reinforcements to complement those three. Or am I forgetting that we already have someone of Gagai's calibre on the roster for next season?
Centre is one of the least valuable positions in the league. We're not going to pay one coming off a career year or one that's close to the $$$ Gagai will want either. If Olam puts in another season like last year he's probably a top 5 centre already.

The concern with our departures is fair but we're much better off continuing to target younger or cheaper players and developing them. It's way easier to manage a roster that way than the opposite like the Bulldogs are currently doing.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Next year we are going to need a genuine finisher. Young or old, currently the roster does not have that in the outside backs.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 am Next year we are going to need a genuine finisher. Young or old, currently the roster does not have that in the outside backs. (Pappi excluded)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Do you want a finisher or do you want Dane Gagai?

We look pretty interested in Coates. That would be the ideal signing.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:27 am Do you want a finisher or do you want Dane Gagai?

Coates could be a very sweet signing for Storm.

I hope the thought of bringing through a new generation of young players (with the odd good signing) will take CB to a another year of senior coaching and then a god father type role.

If media tales are correct...sounds like some of our current players and targets like Coates are thinking the same way about CB .
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:10 pm
blazza18 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:27 am Do you want a finisher or do you want Dane Gagai?

I hope the thought of bringing through a new generation of young players (with the odd good signing) will take CB to a another year of senior coaching and then a god father type role.

If media tales are correct...sounds like some of our current players and targets like Coates are thinking the same way about CB .
I hope we have the processes in place that when the inevitable happens and the super coach finally pulls the pin that people will still want to come here. He IS the drawcard.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Don't forget the club has high hopes for Jack Howarth who can play centre and Dean Ieremia but yes Gagai might be an option.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We are paying JAC about $650,000 this year so we have some good coin available for a jet on the wing once the great man leaves to go to the Bulldogs.

its a balancing act of bringing along our current players and introducing players that respect OUR culture, OUR values and whose talent will be maximized in OUR system.

They are hoping Jack Howarth is the next gen leader but a complimentary player of equal talent would be very much accepted.

It really depends if Belly Ache decides to coach on for one season and then take on the role of Direcotro of Coaching.

With Cronulla's recent shifty moves, their offer for belly Ache is off the table and I could never ever see Belly Ache going back to the broncos especially above Kevie.

Maybe if Kevie fails, the Broncos might move heaven and earth to get Belly Ache to replace him.

But its looking good atm that Belly Ache continues to associate himself with the Melbourne Storm post his coaching career; and as long as that happens, Melbourne will be a destination Club for good players who come off contract.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:36 pm Belly Ache
Belly Ache
Belly Ache
Belly Ache
You feeling ok?
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It is Craig Bellamy's nick name and everyone calls him that nick name.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Good on Will Chambers getting another gig in the NRL.

It was tough seeing him leave the Storm. He was a good sort.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:34 pm Good on Will Chambers getting another gig in the NRL.

Be a money saver for the Sharks too. They won't need a right winger anymore.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:02 pm
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:34 pm Good on Will Chambers getting another gig in the NRL.

Be a money saver for the Sharks too. They won't need a right winger anymore.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I see he got din binned in his NSW Cup comeback. Anyone know why? Still on the angry pills or professional foul?