Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’d say Chris Lewis is gone
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:29 pm I’d say Chris Lewis is gone
Maybe he's taking Seve's place on the development list?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:47 pm Warriors have released Pene, I would love him back
And now I'm very happy!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So should we sign Hasler as an assistant with a view to him taking over from Bellamy?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:04 pm So should we sign Hasler as an assistant with a view to him taking over from Bellamy?
Yeh nuhhhh …I’d rather do it the Storm way and go with someone in the Storm fold already ….Marc Ryan Steven Billy
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:04 pm So should we sign Hasler as an assistant with a view to him taking over from Bellamy?
Not a fan of dessies desball game plan... he's a decent coach, but it's felt like the games moved past him for a fair while now
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

I'd rather have Seibold.
If it is Bellamy's last year I assume it'll be Mooks taking over.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm actually thinking that Marc Brentnall is the most likely. I personally think of Kearney as a mini cab and not a coach. Billy has said no to the possibility due to his other commitments and haven't seen anything about Hinchy even considered.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:08 pm
Yeh nuhhhh …I’d rather do it the Storm way and go with someone in the Storm fold already ….Marc Ryan Steven Billy
By "Steven" do you mean Kearney?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:24 pm
I'm actually thinking that Marc Brentnall is the most likely. I personally think of Kearney as a mini cab and not a coach. Billy has said no to the possibility due to his other commitments and haven't seen anything about Hinchy even considered.
Mooks is not good enough to even warm the seat in a mini cab. Booted from the Warriors I seriously wonder what value he brings.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:48 pm
sallymay wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:08 pm
By "Steven" do you mean Kearney?
I did …I’m hoping Marc takes over though
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Adam O'Brien might be available again before too long.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would’ve supported this a few years back but I think Hasler’s a bit… Odd?

I don’t think he’d necessarily stick to a lot of the things Bellamy has found important on building the club on.

I also don’t really feel Kearney’s the right call either. I’d go with either Billy or Bretnall.
Utha
Squall
Squall

Looks like we won't have to worry about Mooks potentially taking over...

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... assistant/
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Devastating news

Dragons have signed Haele and Sione Finau on 2 year deals …Storm have worked their arses off putting work into these two for years sucks big time to lose them both

Haele will smash the competition when he plays first grade …Sione will do pretty good

Absolutely heartbroken