Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... rward-duo/

Confirmation from the Storm that Josh King has signed for another two years and that the Storm has signed Lazarus Vaalepu. Vaalepu is on a development contract in 2024 and in top 30 in 2025.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Carrigan would be a good addition to the forward pack but without knowing who will be coaching the team post Bellamy I doubt he'd want to move to Melbourne unless he really wanted a fresh start.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:18 pm Carrigan would be a good addition to the forward pack but without knowing who will be coaching the team post Bellamy I doubt he'd want to move to Melbourne unless he really wanted a fresh start.
We do know who’ll be coaching Storm. It’s going to be some lima lima lima duck amazing dude who Storm has absolute faith in 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And the Broncos just announced he's signed a big extension lol.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can someone tell me why we see Felise Kaufusi suddenly grow a huge set of testicles for Dolphins when he was largely impotent for us for the last several years?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From Fox Sports:
DOLPHINS EYE ANOTHER STORM SUPERSTAR

Wayne Bennett built his maiden Dolphins side around a trio of Melbourne Storm veteran forwards - and he wants to make it four. According to the Daily Telegraph, the Dolphins are chasing Nelson Asofa-Solomona, hoping to reunite him with Felise Kaufisi and Bromwich brothers Kenny and Jesse. The NRL’s 17th team will add Tom Flegler to an already-impressive pack that includes Tom Gilbert in 2024.

200cm Kiwi Asofa-Solomona is off-contract at the end of the season, but is currently sidelined with a high-grace MCL sprain that will rule him out for an anticipated eight more weeks. However, the prop revealed last month that he had previously made a pact with ex-Storm teammate Suliasi Vunivalu that both would make the swap to rugby.

Fijian winger Vunivalu joined the Queensland Reds in the wake of the 2020 NRL Grand Final. But Melbourne boss Matt Trip shut down any talk they would lose the veteran man.

“I have a good relationship with Nelson and we will move heaven and earth to keep him,” Tripp told The Daily Telegraph.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Can't wait to start pillaging the Dolphins. Let's go after Tom Gilbert and Tesi Nui.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I see the Fox Sports staff writers already have Clubs lining up to sign Jonah. He's played one game and now he's a target apparently. Anyone know when he's signed until ?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He just signed an extension until the end of 2025
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They are such losers over at fox sports. Trying to create content that isn't there.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:20 pm He just signed an extension until the end of 2025
Thanks glennb !
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:24 pm They are such losers over at fox sports. Trying to create content that isn't there.
Agreed blazza18. Losers is a very polite term compared to one I had in mind 🤣
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:24 pm They are such losers over at fox sports. Trying to create content that isn't there.
Jonah’s going to be super important to the Club if Paps isn’t able to come back to a level that allows him to play first grade (i’m not saying he won’t or that he can’t, but there has to be a question mark over his long-term ability to play again to his previous incredibly high standard).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed, Munster to fullback and Jonah to five eight would be my long term solution if Paps can't get back
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NRL 360 suggesting that Storm hasn’t closed the door on Noafa returning this season. They love what he brought to the club and team. Another forward is the preferred option, but if unavailable, Noafa will be considered.