Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't really mind that he's leaving but leaving for that team is bull shit.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Best of luck to Brendan, cash in while you can. He is 2 head knocks away from a medical retirement.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:39 am I'm also disappointed that the Cheese has chosen to leave but it brings into sharp focus although Storm Fans will always love the club the players will normally look at as just a place where they are employed.

A good example of that is Dale Finucane when asked would he miss anything about the club and answered "No , not really".
Surprised to hear Dale say that. Perhaps his departure was with a bit more resentment (for not trying harder to keep him?) and animosity than first thought?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Disrespectful garbage from him about winning premierships at the Roosters.

Shows the poor character of the bloke.

He ain't really Storm material....not like the dozens of out right champions who've played for Storm over the years.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, it seems to me like he's really got his nose out of joint (pardon the pun) with the club after the whole "white powder" incident and the scrutiny that followed... I'm sure being in Sydney will help him with that!

Or perhaps he's revelled in the media coverage and attention that he's received, given his personality/ego. Either way, I certainly agree with the overall sentiment here, and my opinion of him has completely nosedived after these recent comments to the point that I really don't even want to see him back in a Storm jersey next year... unless of course he's just trolling the Roosters, which I highly doubt.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/furiou ... 59d3x.html

Sounds like Storm are pretty pissed off …I’d say bye bye Brandon
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Talk about shitting in your own nest. Poor, poor form from him. It's a slap in the face to all of us and the club that made him a superstar.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll believe we're cutting him early when I see actual quotes from Frank and Bellamy. No doubt they'd be pissed about how Brandon has handled the situation but they're not going to make the team worse.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:03 pm I'll believe we're cutting him early when I see actual quotes from Frank and Bellamy. No doubt they'd be pissed about how Brandon has handled the situation but they're not going to make the team worse.
Not only that – but why cut him and make another side which will also be contending for the premiership potentially much stronger by signing him?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I cant see Melbourne Storm cutting Brandon....its not the Storm way...but the coaching staff and Club management have every right to feel terribly aggrieved by his very public comments about playing and winning a Premiership for another Club while he still has 12 months of his contract left at Storm.

I get blokes move on. That's footy. You cant keep everyone. But it's the commentary that's been so hurtful to Storm Members and supporters who have seriously embraced him over the last 4 years.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wouldn't be surprised if Roosters had offered him some kind of incentive to piss off the club to get an early release. Surely a paper bag payment is not a breach of the cap if he is not yet signed?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon Storm will use this whole Brandon Smith episode as a cultural reset. Use it to their advantage to show that the Storm culture really is the pinnacle of every rugby league club in this country
Itstime
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Darius farmer got ask to join the main squad for training last week
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Smith is now under investigation for bringing the game into disrepute following that podcast. He dropped the f bomb at a rate of more than ine a minute for close to an hour.
The lad needs a reality check, it would seem his ego has gotten way out of control.
As much as I liked him as a player, he's proving to have a pretty ordinary character off field..... His behavior is a pretty long way off what would normally be considered stormlike.

If he's definitely leaving, we should give Harry all the minites he can handle and cheese can go back to being a low minute bench impact player. No point throwing him the lock or hooker jersey if he's heading off.
If he cracks the sulks then he can go play for the feeder sides. Cutting him loose would be exactly what the roosters want, and those player poaching sob's can go pound sand.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Itstime wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:55 am Darius farmer got ask to join the main squad for training last week
Given he's a front rower, this suggests the Club might be concerned that certain players MAY not be available for much of 2022 or even beyond .

Good luck to Darius...hope he shows something in training with the first grade squad