Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:05 pm
blazza18 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:03 pm We technically still have Grant signed until 2022 but it's nice to see from Pete Badel just now that we're looking to extend him further.
We might not because of the get out of jail free card reportedly in his contract.
Can almost guarantee the club wont let that happen and it's all about convincing him we're the team he needs to be at for the next 3-5 years.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Don't worry, Munster is making sure right now that Harry stays in Melbourne :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -to-storm/

Glasby Returns to Storm
melbournestorm.com.au
Fri 20 Nov 2020

Melbourne Storm has today announced the return of Premiership player and State of Origin representative, Tim Glasby, after being appointed as Recruitment Officer and Pathways Manager.

Having called time on his 138-game career in 2020, Glasby replaces the outgoing Dane Campbell who has taken on a role with North Queensland Cowboys and will join Recruitment Manager, Paul Bunn, and his recruitment team on the Sunshine Coast.

Glasby began his NRL career at Storm in 2012 playing in three Grand Finals, including the 2017 Premiership, a World Club Challenge victory in 2018 and picked up five caps for the Maroons before joining Newcastle Knights in 2018.

“I’m really excited to be back at the Club that first gave me a chance to play NRL back in 2012,” Glasby said.

“I had a great time as a player here over six seasons and I’m now looking forward to coming back in a new and different role for me. It’s a great challenge but I have some great people to learn from and a great system at Storm that has delivered so much success over the years.”

Storm General Manager Football, Frank Ponissi, said that in addition to finding the next generation of quality junior players, Glasby will be responsible for overseeing the Storm Scholarship Program and Talent Squads, which over the years has produced a host of NRL players for the Club.

“We know from his six years at the Club, Tim is an outstanding character who always conducted himself in an extremely professional and highly respected manner,” Ponissi said.

“We are delighted to have Tim back at Melbourne Storm and we have no doubt he will add great value to our recruitment and development programs.”

Glasby will start his new role in late November and will be based in Storm’s recruitment offices at Sunshine Coast Stadium.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wowooowow how cool
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Welcome back Glaz
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Great to hear another Storm man is back with us!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Matt Burton allegedly has signed with the Bulldogs from 2022 according to Weidler (rolls eyes)...

Storm are going to want to pull out all the stops now to re-sign Jahrome and prevent him heading to the Warriors.

Is Cam the jigsaw puzzle piece to freeing up cap space ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Widdop basically offering to play for free
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

ALX22 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:49 pm Ioane Seiuli & Kea Pere (ex Titans development players) have joined Brisbane (Easts) Tigers. Wonder if the club will offer them a train and trial deal like Brenko got?
Michael Purcell announced as joining Storm for the pre-season.

Tigers have also picked up Dan Russell and Frank Kuresa. Two potential ones to watch next season in the QCUP.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:32 pm Widdop basically offering to play for free
A local Melbourne boy!

Sign him up! Especially if Smith returns, he could add to the team in terms of leadership
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pole wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:47 am
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:32 pm Widdop basically offering to play for free
A local Melbourne boy!

Sign him up! Especially if Smith returns, he could add to the team in terms of leadership
Pole.....Presume you mean if Cameron retires not returns. And it would also probably take Jarome Hughes heading to an opposition team for a big money offer in order for Widdop to come into the team and play @7 for 2 years while Johns gets more experience.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:10 am
Pole wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:47 am
A local Melbourne boy!

Pole.....Presume you mean if Cameron retires not returns. And it would also probably take Jarome Hughes heading to an opposition team for a big money offer in order for Widdop to come into the team and play @7 for 2 years while Johns gets more experience.
Widdop is lowering asking price to 300k per season I read - 2 years of Widdop at that price does sound very appealing if the above happens.

I love Widdop, but I think it is unlikely with our roster to see him in a Storm jersey ever again.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would solve the kicker conundrum too though.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:30 pm Would solve the kicker conundrum too though.
Certainly would. If there is no Cam next season I think he would actually be a perfect fit in the halves and gives the side more of what it will need than what Jahrome brings - he is a legit number one option playmaker who can kick.

The thing that frustrates me most is that we are likely going to lose Jahrome in 12 months - we have so desperately tried to fit him in the side and to his credit he has outperformed what anyone would have thought possible. But he still isn’t a legit half in my opinion because he hasn’t needed to be with all the talent around him. To knock back Widdop at 300K (absolute bargain) be if the opportunity was presented because we have Jahrome for one more year would suck.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Beginning of the end for Brandon at the Storm, disappointing to say the least.