Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If you read Craig Bellamys book he talks about a forward that comes back after the off season for the last two seasons overweight and high skin folds I recken the player is Vaves

Scooter when I posted that article I was 90 % sure I'd read it the way u read it but posted it anyway...either way anthony will do a good job

I donno why I'm not happy About Dayne but I think it is sad about Vaves and Somi not getting contracts
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

FP was on SEN during the week and said the roster is all but tied up for next year except looking an experienced player in the halves (5/8 from memory) just to add some depth. IMO that makes sense given we're thin in that position if Hampton doesn't come up.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Considering that we had 34 total players this year and I only count 30 for next year, does this mean that a couple more NYC players have been signed up on 2nd tier contracts?

I'm thinking Welch, Petterson-Robati and maybe Chang.
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Apparently we have signed this young bloke.
big and strong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3evk9GRwN8
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't think it has been said anywhere else yet but given that the owners of Kooga have been rebranding all their other teams to their "BLK" arm, it's fair to say we will probably have BLK on our jerseys next year instead of Kooga. Tbh not sure why the change is necessary but goodluck to them with their rebranding.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

brisbanestorm wrote:I don't think it has been said anywhere else yet but given that the owners of Kooga have been rebranding all their other teams to their "BLK" arm, it's fair to say we will probably have BLK on our jerseys next year instead of Kooga. Tbh not sure why the change is necessary but goodluck to them with their rebranding.
We're the featured team for the "pro teams" section of the BLK website and have been for some time.

The basic story is that there's a dispute over the name KooGa. KooGa Australia don't own the KooGa name in the UK and were getting a little pissed that the UK company were taking credit for everything KooGa Australia has done (especially during the last RWC). That's why they're changing their name to BLK. They've been so slow about doing it all but it looks like they're finally making the change official.

The Wallabies will be wearing BLK for the rest of the year but that's only because they're moving to Asics in the new year and KooGa want to squeeze a little more value out of them before their contract ends.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

absentee wrote:We're the featured team for the "pro teams" section of the BLK website and have been for some time.

The basic story is that there's a dispute over the name KooGa. KooGa Australia don't own the KooGa name in the UK and were getting a little pissed that the UK company were taking credit for everything KooGa Australia has done (especially during the last RWC). That's why they're changing their name to BLK. They've been so slow about doing it all but it looks like they're finally making the change official.

The Wallabies will be wearing BLK for the rest of the year but that's only because they're moving to Asics in the new year and KooGa want to squeeze a little more value out of them before their contract ends.
Ahh okay makes sense then, Kooga Australia has obviously come a long way over the last 5-10 years. Thanks for clearing that up
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Guess where Kirisome Auva'a is playing next year?

that's right the South Sydney Storm oops sorry Rabbitohs.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullshit..he said he was staying..damn it Somi now I'm sad
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And our pre season info,(according to the blurb on NRL.com)
STORM
Return to training: November 7
Key ins: Travis Robinson, George Rose, Cody Walker, Hymel Hunt
Key outs: Gareth Widdop, Maurice Blair, Jason Ryles, Brett Finch, Junior Sa'u, Lagi Setu
Key focus for 2014: Keeping the 'big three' of Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater fit and firing after another gruelling off-season – last year it was playing the World Club Challenge, this time it's the World Cup. Queensland Cup player of the year Cody Walker arrives with the five-eighth spot up for grabs after the departures of Gareth Widdop and Brett Finch.
Been here many times before ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Need one of these newbies to bring some x factor to the team. Wonder how Bellamy and the coaching staff will change things up so we keep everyone fresher.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

vave staying? knights? broncos? wtf is he doing
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw somewhere that the parrasites were interested in him too.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sallymay, sorry to be the bearer of bad news re: Somi.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/playerprofi ... uva'a/7859
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How typical.