Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Pending any more signings my starting 17 would be

1 slater
2 duffie
3 chambers
4 waqa/hunt
5 oneil
6 Hampton
7 cronk
8 j Bromwich
9 smith
10 vave(but I know Bellamy will go with noz)
11 proctor
12 hoffy
13 Harris

14 hinchy
15 moors
16 McLean
17 rose

18 noz
19 garbutt
20 walker
21 Robinson
22 fonua
23 Weston
24 hunt
25k Bromwich
26 garbutt
27 griffin

Hopefully the boys give the coaching staff some headaches with the squad selection!! Can't wait for 2014 ;-)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:This has PISSED ME OFF MASSIVELY - Alex Covo gone to the broncos
http://m.broncos.com.au/news-display/Br ... oach/85059
Wow... That is a shock. What has sparked this??? Corvo has been a part of the furniture for so long. Massive shame to lose him and leaves an enormous hole.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Well actually the way this season ended it might be for the best that there is a bit of a clean out.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm77 wrote:Well actually the way this season ended it might be for the best that there is a bit of a clean out.
I actually tend to agree. While im not in any way shouldering Corvo with all the blame maybe a change is as good as a holiday for both parties to freshen things up a bit. As i stated in another thread i'm sure there's several other people who are more than capable that could fill the role and the club will find the best person for the job. I'm also sure there'll be no shortage of takers for it either.
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I think he would be a good pick up for us.
His just been released by the warriors
http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/taukeiaho ... ase-11198/
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dayne Weston has officially signed for 2 more years
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woo
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Weston's re-signing is not before time. Our squad is almost complete we are looking at some additional backs. I assume that means a centre and considering we have lost Gaz, Finchy and McGahan and only gained Cody that we need another half.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like we really are becoming the family club anthony siebolds brother Damian is coming to the club too
http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/seibol ... e/2041243/
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sallymay I think you may have misread this part of the article, which I did also when I first read it:
Seibold, who's younger brother Damien was assistant coach at the Central Queensland Capras in 2013, will also take up the role of development coach next season.
I think that is talking about a role Anthony is taking on with the Storm not a role Damien will take on.

Sallymay you haven't said anything on The Bai Stand about Weston re-sigining but I noticed on Twitter that you would prefer Vave to Weston. Do you think that means Vave is leaving the Storm? I am a big fan of both players.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can't see us keeping Vave now :(
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:I can't see us keeping Vave now :(
Ok...someone has got to know the answer why.

Who out there in internet land knows what Bellyache doesn't like about Vave.

Did he fail to train hard enough......play hard enough....follow team rules...wasn't disciplined enough ??

Someone MUST have some idea about what is going on.

I like Vave...always seemed like a forward who had the "potential" to score tries.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea it's a little confusing why he was in and out of the team the first few months and then couldn't get back in. Injuries sure didn't help him but even then he still couldn't find a spot. I thought he's showed massive promise every game he's played for us.

Really disappointed in the club not being able to fit him into their plans.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, pretty disappointing. I was convinced last year that we would see Vave lock in a bench spot permanently but that didn't eventuate for whatever reason. Lots of promise but there has to be something we just don't know about.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The game is really changing. Big mobile forward packs are really hurting us. Plus, we have no mongrel. No one fears us. Watching Jeremy Smith hand our arses to us was painful.

I like Mitch Garbut. Big with great footwork. Sorry to say that Nozza has had his time now. Vave is a dissapointing loss.

Don't know how we can expect to keep up with the other packs tbh.