Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Huge signing! No pun intended. NAS is the really big fish though.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would’ve liked to have seen Tui improve his game more before giving him an extension tbh.

As much as I’ve like Nelson I’m not sure giving him a big extension is smart either.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:00 pm I would’ve liked to have seen Tui improve his game more before giving him an extension tbh.

As much as I’ve like Nelson I’m not sure giving him a big extension is smart either.
I sorta get what you're saying but we can't put all our eggs into the Welch-coming off a 2nd ACL-basket.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:00 pm I would’ve liked to have seen Tui improve his game more before giving him an extension tbh.

Ahh Blazza, sometimes I wonder if you're channelling my thoughts. Tui has far from impressed me and Nelson can be awesome, with the emphasis on can. I also agree with Lucas, if Nelson and Tui played with Welch's enthusiasm and determination then we'd have something. Will Tepai be a damaging player or only a gun against teams in the headlights? Big men...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lazarus vaalepu from Sunshine Coast falcons yesterday signed a contract with storm till 2025

Frank and Craig have had big wraps on him so he is one to watch
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like that one, I've seen him in Q Cup, aggressive runner. Where did you see that Sallymay?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:05 am Lazarus vaalepu from Sunshine Coast falcons yesterday signed a contract with storm till 2025

Frank and Craig have had big wraps on him so he is one to watch
I am very happy with this signing. I have liked what I have seen of him in Queensland Cup.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It'll be interesting to see what approach we take in regards to recruitment vs retention.

We have a fair bit of size in the forwards off contract: NAS, Grant, Sims, Moeroa, King, Eisenhuth (CO)

Then we have a few off-contract backs too with some question marks: Ieremia (ACL), Jennings (ACL previous year), Anderson, Warbrick.

I wonder how many of the above we re-sign.

And then who we target from other clubs. A few I'd like us to look at include Sorensen, Baker, Greig, Jones, Geyer
Bartos
Squall
Squall

I love Brandon Smith has played almost this whole game at lock with Turps at hooker. Suck $hit
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bartos wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:44 pm I love Brandon Smith has played almost this whole game at lock with Turps at hooker. Suck $hit
Yep, and after watching Harry's performance against the Eels, any tiny shred of doubt as to if Melbourne made the right choice has evaporated.

As much as I loved the cheese, it was really satisfying to see him humbled. Might be waiting a while to win a premiership in a roosters jersey after the performance they out in today
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Lucas wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:08 pm It'll be interesting to see what approach we take in regards to recruitment vs retention.

We have a fair bit of size in the forwards off contract: NAS, Grant, Sims, Moeroa, King, Eisenhuth (CO)

Then we have a few off-contract backs too with some question marks: Ieremia (ACL), Jennings (ACL previous year), Anderson, Warbrick.

I wonder how many of the above we re-sign.
NAS would be great, his next few years will be his best

I'm hoping come finals time X and Will will be our first choice wingers

I reckon the club will give Ieremia another year, they're pretty good like that

I think Jennings, Grant, King and Eisenhuth (when fit) offer great value, I don't know that any of them would be on big money

Sims we'll know by mid year

Anderson we'll know by next week

Moeroa we'll just no
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Apparently we're chasing Pat Carrigan for 2025. I think he's exactly what we need, but at what cost?
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Personally - I think Carrigan would be silly to leave. But I think you would be looking at $900k to be in the ballpark
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I mean, we'd be silly not to at least ask