Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I guess they wouldn't want to help us (which is whatever but fair) but I this whole thing we're clubs just sit healthy players because they're leaving the club is so shit.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Personally I would have thought Brisbane would have been open to it.

Slot Brenko in centres, Staggs plays 5/8 (which they want), Issako stays on the wing.

I would have thought really in Broncs best interest

Win for the players as well - sadly for Brenko he won’t be ine 17 for finals and at least would get to play, Coates gets the opportunity to play finals.

It’s easy to forget Brenko played Origin last year so they aren’t getting an average player early
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:08 pm
nacho wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:26 am Given the nature of acts worthy of a suspension this year, I am not opposed to Sharon Woods as depth. But I certainly hate the brand of footy he plays at the sharks, grubby to make up for lack of talent.
I thought his name was Aaron Backwards
:lol: :lol: :lol: so appropriate!
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

My first thought sounded a bit like Fuel Truck
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am still shocked that the club picked Dale, an off contract player looking to secure the deal of his career, as a co-captain... We never had the funds to secure him going into this renewal period.

Anyway, congratulations to Dale, he has earned his pay and probably wants to build a new era similar to the environment he entered here at Storm, can't blame him being aspirational.

Also as a NRL fan first and foremost I enjoy a competitive league and miss nail biting games, the more starts that leave the Storm nursey to other clubs benefits the entire competition.

Thankfully I believe other than a voice on the field we won't lose TOO much as I think we have suitable replacements to fill the physical void he will leave. When you think about it he has missed a significant amount of games recently from injury and rep teams.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So do we look at keeping Tepai Moeroa and spend more time on getting Howarth up to NRL level?
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:19 am So do we look at keeping Tepai Moeroa and spend more time on getting Howarth up to NRL level?
I'd like to hear where Moeroa is at. Hasn't been able to play many games at all since joining our system.

Howarth needs to be persisted with regardless of what happens with Dale.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congrats Dale. Good pick up for the Sharks.

As great as Dale is, I’m glad the club didn’t get enticed into a bidding war for his services. As above, we have adequate coverage and hopefully opens up the possibility of holding onto Brandon.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Bellamy to Sharks announcement next I assume
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:25 am
Itzbek the Purple wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:19 am So do we look at keeping Tepai Moeroa and spend more time on getting Howarth up to NRL level?
I'd like to hear where Moeroa is at. Hasn't been able to play many games at all since joining our system.

Howarth needs to be persisted with regardless of what happens with Dale.
Howarths highlights from school look phenomenal. David Fifita meets NAS, I'd be looking long term and investing heavily into him and Loiero as I think Felise (while reliable) may need some competition for his position and light a fire under him.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Interesting who will be captain next year now - do they leave it as J Brom or someone younger?

White Rhino? Munster? K Brom?
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Another kick in the guts. Cronulla. Again. As an NRL fan, you get used to being majorly disappointed, no more than when I was a loyal North Sydney Bear.

Dale was a great stalwart and we turned him into the beast he is today. Another case of ‘we make ‘em - they take ‘em’.

Now, Melbourne, ffs, you now have the opportunity to totally overhaul the idiocy that is our captain(s) set-up. An abject failure in 2021 and a great opportunity to set things right, moving forward.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good luck to Dale. Been an awesome player for Storm. I wish him nothing but the best. I’ve enjoyed watching every minute of him in purple. But at nearly 30 there’s no doubt we’ve had his best years by far. I can see the $$$ saved in not offering overs for Dale will help keep Cheese and others that will form the basis of our team for years.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Premiers wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:50 am Bellamy to Sharks announcement next I assume
Boring.