Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:30 pm After weeks of speculation… Brandon officially a cock.

He also just signed with the Roosters.
🤣🤣🤣
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am shattered that Suli may look to come back and we are currently stacked with outside back depth. I do think Coates and Warbrick will work out but you cannot deny Suli (when on his game) is an x-factor. Anyone keep up with his reliability when in rugby? how have his hammies been doing?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:14 am I am shattered that Suli may look to come back and we are currently stacked with outside back depth. I do think Coates and Warbrick will work out but you cannot deny Suli (when on his game) is an x-factor. Anyone keep up with his reliability when in rugby? how have his hammies been doing?
Would suggest he wasn't really informing Storm of a potential for his return to the NRL.

OR it was a last minute decision.

Or it's just testing the waters to see what $$$ are on offer
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Confirmed Jesse Bromwich is joining the Dolphins in 2023.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:29 pm Confirmed Jesse Bromwich is joining the Dolphins in 2023.
I feel somewhat vindicated, now.
Great 2021 leadership calls, Storm - not.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:29 pm Confirmed Jesse Bromwich is joining the Dolphins in 2023.
What a legend of our Club.......so proud we've had Jesse play for our Club during his prime.

Let's hope the team can send him out with another Premiership.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow, another example of how shortsighted the choice for co-captain was.

Jesse is a monumental loss, I cannot help but think the 2 years in QLD during the bubble undid all the good work and positives associated with being a Victorian team. I dont blame the players, if I had the choice of Melbourne or QLD I know where I'd go.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Can't say I'm overly sorry. In his younger days he was a great prop and clubman but he's past his prime and honestly, last year I thought he looked as though he didn't really want to be here. I also think making him co-captain was a poor choice, and I don't think it helped the club or his game.

So, I'll say "thank you for your service" and wish him well.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Do we need to worry about Kenny going too potentially?
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lucas wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:14 pm Do we need to worry about Kenny going too potentially?
Based on reports surfacing now, yes.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sounds like they’ve got Kenny too 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:34 pm Sounds like they’ve got Kenny too 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Was always likely to happen. Dolphins paying MASSIVE overs for our boys at this stage of their careers. Good luck to them. Glad we didn’t get all sentimental and tried to break the farm to keep them. Sad to see them go….but keeping Pappy, Jahrome, Munny and Harry will be essential as there will be plenty of decent front and back rowers to play around them.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm Spirit wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:57 pm
Was always likely to happen. Dolphins paying MASSIVE overs for our boys at this stage of their careers. Good luck to them. Glad we didn’t get all sentimental and tried to break the farm to keep them. Sad to see them go….but keeping Pappy, Jahrome, Munny and Harry will be essential as there will be plenty of decent front and back rowers to play around them.
And that's the thing. Storm have ALWAYS operated on a few key players, a couple of rising stars and a bunch of journeymen and good solid toilers.
Look at our 1998/9 team - we started out with a genuine legend (Lazzo), a few established forwards (T and RK, and picked up Mooks a year later) and a couple of young guns - Ross, Hill and Kimmorley. The rest of the forwards were a rag-tag bunch (sorry Rusty) and the backs were all young - ironically, Paul Bell was the most senior with 4 seasons at the sharks. MG, who became the grand old man of the club had played a whole 6 games before he came to us.

We'll be ok.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kenny only as good as the men outside him, Olam and JAC.
I would say JAC inflates both Olam and Kenny's performance so Kenny would be smart to sign up a big offer before the tide goes out. Olam is great in his own right but the attention was always on JAC.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Losing Kenny, or Jesse, or Fus, or Dale, or NAS, or maybe even Brandon, in isolation is no big deal. But to lose all those within 12 months, and who the hell knows what happens with Tui... this is unprecedented for us.

We need Josh King to be a gun and we're going to lean on Welch massively. We might have to actually deviate from our model and splash some cash on forwards.