Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And Kafusi and travis Robinson
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote:So according to the tribute package the leaving players are

Cody Walker
Mitch Garbutt
Junior Moors
Tim glasby
Joel Romalo
Sisa Waqa
Ben Roberts
And
Ryan Hoffman

Think that's all
I didn't recall Tim Glasby in the package.
I said to the wife "how good would you feel, in the middle of the ground and they left you out."
Someone please tell me I'm blind.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

didn't see him either.

travis robinson was signed for 2014-2015 originally so there would be no choice on retaining him.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I actully taped it on my camera cause I do every year and re watched it this morning...Tim Glasby isn't in it...apparently storm had trouble up loading it to twitter and Facebook for other people to see last night...what's the bet the add him before it put up
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My thought when Glasby wasn't in the package is could he have reneged on deal with Cowboys and stay with Storm. I know wishful thinking. Glasby has been playing consistently in first grade surprised they forgot him.

Sallymay what do you know re Kaufusi and Robinson. Disappointed if we lose Kaufusi shows some promise. I thought Robinson was here for 2 years too.

Big fan of Moors sad to see him leave thought he played well when he came on last night.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Robinson was definitely a two year deal

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/storm-sig ... eal-10634/
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote:And Kafusi and travis Robinson
Ponissi denies they were in the vid plus he denies Matt duffie n Joel romalo r leaving as we'll.. Any1 got a copy of the video tribute ?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattystorm1987 wrote:
Ponissi denies they were in the vid plus he denies Matt duffie n Joel romalo r leaving as we'll.. Any1 got a copy of the video tribute ?
Romelo was in the video tribute as a player who is leaving however Matt Duffie was NOT in the video.

Saw MD walking around the ground at the end of the game with other players who are staying and some who are leaving.

would have thought IF MD was leaving, the club would really recognize and acknowledge what he had done for the club (which is a lot if we think back to 2010 - 2011)
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ponissi also said Mahe fonua is signed till end of 2016, he signed a 3 year deal last year..
cayal
Squall
Squall

Storm Spirit wrote:
mattystorm1987 wrote:
Romelo was in the video tribute as a player who is leaving however Matt Duffie was NOT in the video.

Saw MD walking around the ground at the end of the game with other players who are staying and some who are leaving.

would have thought IF MD was leaving, the club would really recognize and acknowledge what he had done for the club (which is a lot if we think back to 2010 - 2011)
Pretty sure Duffie is either playing for the Storm or retiring.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattystorm1987 wrote:Ponissi also said Mahe fonua is signed till end of 2016, he signed a 3 year deal last year..
where did he say this, awesome if true.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote:
mattystorm1987 wrote:Ponissi also said Mahe fonua is signed till end of 2016, he signed a 3 year deal last year..
where did he say this, awesome if true.
A source of mine rang him today..
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If true, that is excellent news. Too much invested in Mahe to lose him now that he is starting to fulfill his potential.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it's possible, I looked up the article about him resigning and no length was mentioned. same as Kenny Bromwich and it was later revealed he'd signed for 3 years so hopefully mahe did too.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Does anyone know if Kaufusi is contracted for next year? I was watching him in the Q Cup yesterday and he looks like he can really break a game open with his runs, he was tying up 2,3 and 4 defenders every time.