Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed. I'm not usually a fan of signing older players for the sake of it, but Tom Learoyd-Lahrs intrigues me.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

To be honest TLL doesn't require much of a transformation. He's a quality player already.

It's not as much the duty of Bellyache to transform him, more so our medical staff.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TLL has had 11 years in First Grade and is only 28. Props mature later than other positions and there could still be a number of quality years ahead for Tom.

I'm excited by this one if it can come to fruition.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-pr ... 98gso5r3fz

This was just put out from the lurker on twitter
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TLL hasn't played first grade this year. Ricky Stuart has insisted that even when fit, Tom play for Mounties in the NSW Cup. He has nine appearances for Mounties in 2014.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If any human being can get TLL as a dangerous front rower again...

it will be Bellyache...

Glad Storm are thinking on their feet again....ok it's a risk...but small $ and potentially massive return.

It's a risk I am very happy to endorse as a Member.

Bryan Norrie case in point...became a Premiership front rower in 2012 when the NRL system really told him he had no right to be 3 years earlier...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That would be epic......finally the size of our pack would be way at the top of the competition - instead of just punching above their weight...

But....how many forwards will we have in the top 25? Are we just hanging on to guys like Weston and Rose for the hell of it? Or would this just be another depth (deep depth..) signing?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think the signing of TLL would be to add experience and impact to our bench a la Ryles, Woolnough, Thompson, Lowe in past years.

KingHowe Weston has another year on his contract and has been named in the 19 the last two or three weeks. So he must be doing something Craig likes.

Rose only signed a one year deal so I can't see him being here next year. We are also losing Garbutt from our prop department as well as Hoffy, Moors and Glasby from the second row. So I think TLL would definitely be in our top 25 and we have a few holes to fill in our forward pack. If TLL can get fit I think he will be a good buy. It is obvious Ricky doesn't like him. If he has played 9 games in NSW Cup, he obviously has match fitness and given the tripe the Raiders have served up I can't believe he hasn't been picked. Didn't Ricky drop him from Origin a few years back.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Surely the hamstrings won't be as tested as they are with down to -6C mornings in Canberra.

Given a good pre season, I see TLL as being a big asset size wise to help Jesse out.

He's got pace, can make a line break and an offload as well.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Shaun Nona passed his medical.
NORTHERN Pride five-eighth Shaun Nona doesn’t even try to contain the excitement bursting from within.
Just months after questioning if a regular spot in the Intrust Super Cup would come his way, the 23-year-old is the toast of Tully.
Yesterday he passed his medical and today he will sign a two-year deal with Melbourne
http://www.northernpride.com.au/nona-iv ... urne-deal/
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Now it's been announced...pretty happy with this guy

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/storm-sign-playmaker/

The Melbourne Storm have confirmed the signing of incumbent Queensland Residents and Northern Pride five-eighth Shaun Nona from 2015.

Nona, 23, is a handy goal kicker and has been a big factor behind the Pride’s brilliant 2014 season in the Intrust Super Cup which currently sees them sitting atop of the competition ladder, seven points ahead of their nearest rival.

“We are pleased to have signed Shaun, having followed his progress this season at Northern Pride,” Storm football manager Frank Ponissi says via a press statement.

“Shaun is a naturally talented player and if he maintains his positive attitude and dedication we believe he will do well in the Melbourne Storm system.”
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... oster.html

Melbourne Storm has signed promising Northern Pride playmaker Shaun Nona to its playing roster for 2015.

Nona, 23, is a Queensland Tully Tigers junior and made his debut with Northern Pride in the Intrust Super Club competition in 2012.

His impressive season with the Pride earned him selection at five-eighth in the Queensland Representative side that played as the curtain-raiser to the third State of Origin match.

He currently sits second on the Intrust Super Cup points scoring table and has played a major role in assisting Pride in currently leading the competition.

Storm Football Director Frank Ponissi confirmed Nona’s signing.

“We are pleased to have signed Shaun, having followed his progress this season at Northern Pride,” Ponissi said.

“Shaun is a naturally talented player and if he maintains his positive attitude and dedication we believe he will do well in the Melbourne Storm system.”

Nona will join the Club in November for pre-season training.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Knights have reportedly told Willie Mason that he is not required next year. Is he someone Storm should look at to add size and experience to the pack next year?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They should but they wont