Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Weston is still here next year isn't he? If not we should look at buying a depth prop with a bit of experience like we usually do as 3 props with FG experience is no where near enough. (I was going to suggest that Brett White would have been great for depth and helping the younger players but he retired last week.)

Have Duffie and Fonua re-signed or is it just an assumption that they will?
Monsoon
Monsoon

I assume atleast Fonua will, there are no quality centres on the market at the moment we need him to stay, Weston is here but I doubt he will crack our top 25, I would take the likes of Kaufusi and NAS over him anyday, he isnt going to improve like these guys will. It will be interesting to see if the club gives Duffie another shot.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is anyone else dirty we let Kirisome A'auva walk? Kid is killing it at Souffs
Kya
Squall
Squall

I think Fonua will be resigned but probably won't be till end of season. His form suggests he knows he playing for a contract.
Sentimentally I would like to see Duffie resigned, if we could do it on a 2nd tier contract but I doubt he will be kept. I imagine we will definitely pick up a prop with first grade experience and upgrade Kaufausi, NAS and possibly Welch.

As to A'auva I'm happy that our club keeps it's standards high and personally I don't want men who assault their ex partners/ gf's etc at our club. (Happy for ppl to disagree with me but spare me the bs excuses)

If we had a decent centre, than I'm happy with Koribete and a fully fit o'neill on the wings.

Really wish a super league club would take Weston and Robinson of our hands.
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was unaware that Kirisome was released for those reasons, I agree, we dont need grubs like that here.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that he was released a few months prior to that incident and was "visiting" Melbourne for a wedding when the incident took place. I agree with the sentiment that we don't need people like that at the club, however I don't think that was the reason he left.
Kya
Squall
Squall

That wasn't why he left and I know the incident took place after we released him but I'm happier he is not at the club and we don't have to deal with the problem.

I'm sure he is a good person who made a mistake blah blah blah but at some point Nrl clubs need to make the right but tough decisions and lead by example rather than act because they are forced to, as is often the case. Or in this case, pretty much covered up by Souths and ignored by the sydney press and thanks to our bs legal system will get a slap on the wrist,

In regards to his talent, I'm sure he has plenty but I'm happier with Koroibete and watching him develop in our system.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would've loved Tom LEYROYD LAHRS but he signed with and English club a week ago
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm more than happy with our own batch of hard working backs. Auva'a, although I was a fan of his, is an absolute thug so glad we gave him his matching orders, albeit before the 'incident'.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There is an article to now on the Courier Mail.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 7013869831
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Vastly-improved five-eighth Nona, meanwhile, will undergo a medical with Melbourne tomorrow before completing the formalities of his own two-year deal.
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/isc- ... 7013867753
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

“And he’s such a great kid. There are not going to be any dramas with him at all.”
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/isc- ... 7013867753

Fantastic...this what our Club needs...good players who are also good citizens... :-D

Storm's "No dickheads" policy will be critical for our future success....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm will announce the signing of Tom Leryod Lahrs in the next week...see if bellyache can transform this one
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I like that signing if he can regain form offers more than Weston or Norrie.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Storm will announce the signing of Tom Leryod Lahrs in the next week...see if bellyache can transform this one
If true, that is a huge signing. On his day, TLL can be absolutely devastating and up their with the better props in the game. The huge (and I do mean huge) question mark over Tom is his body. Constantly breaking down... Poor form flows off the back of that. In his 9 years at the Raiders, he has averaged 12 games in FG per year.

Big task for Ayoub/our strength and conditioning staff/trainers/people involved in managing player workload... If we can get it right, keep TLL healthy, on the park and building form, he could be a wonderful pick-up.

I hope the club has done their due diligence on his medical history though. Whilst I have huge faith in our team, TLL has a proven track record of being brittle.

It's a roll of the dice but with proper planning and a bit of luck, could be a massive signing for us.