Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Pop Leutele in next week in the 5-minute-end-of-game role? Or will he need longer than that?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Honestly hard to know, probably only he knows what condition he's in
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He said in his first interview Lachlan (the storm S and C ) is going to make him do a mini pre season for a few weeks ...I assume that would be 1/2 weeks 4 games left 2/3 finals or last 3 rounds 2/3 finals
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Listening to the Johns family podcast Matty was talking to cooper about the whole Cam Harry and Brandon situation he said he couldn’t say much as he didn’t know for sure and cam hadn’t said anything to the players yet be he believe only 2 of the 3 will be at the club next year ...he wouldn’t say who he thought they would be...I mean he is pretty much best mates with Harry so you would think he would’ve asked him at some point
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like Welch is staying on after turning down the Dragons.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Where did you see that?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry, did mean to post link as well

https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/ ... 93793?s=21
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks. Hoping very much that it's true. Love Welch as a player and as a part of this club.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Great news on Welch!

So is today D-Day for Cam Smith's decision?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How bitter is Paul Kent on Cameron Smith? :lol:

The pure hate in Kent's voice every time he talks about Smith on NRL360 is hilarious. I rarely watch it anymore (Kent, Hooper, Crawley the primary reasons), but I still catch the occasional clips when talking about the Storm.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah, I watched NRL 360 this morning... don't understand why Kent is so angry at Smith, then he says its under the guise of doing what's best for Melbourne Storm. He can get stuffed, since when does he care about what's best for Melbourne Storm.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He doesn't care. He has made that abundantly clear. It is just a convenient excuse to be able to lay the boot into Smith once again.

He is a whingy bitch whenever a player/club blackballs him from contact. I do note that he is quoting Matt Tripp in his article today (someone added a pic to FB). Not sure why Matt Tripp would be answering this flogs calls. That is concerning.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Three Melbourne Storm players who have helped the club to a 10th consecutive NRL finals appearance have signed contract extensions for the 2021 season.

The trio – Ryley Jacks, Nicho Hynes and Darryn Schonig – have totalled 17 games this season as good squad depth becomes even more vital for teams to contend for the premiership.

Also joining Storm for 2021 on development contracts are Jonah Pezet from Newcastle and Tagiolupe Tivalu, who has been with the Sydney Roosters for the past three seasons.

Pezet, 18, is a halfback whose father, Troy, played 28 NRL games for South Queensland Crushers and Parramatta, while Tivalu is a 22-year-old front-rower who played his junior rugby league with the Souths Logan Magpies.

Pezet is signed through to 2023 and Tivalu to the end of 2022.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... xtensions/
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

From Tagiolupe Tivalu management Esportifau

Congrats #LupeTivalu signing with the @storm until the end of 2022 #nrl  #storm
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Played for roosters in the 2020 9’s comp. his a forward, to be honest I don’t remember that far back haha